All reviews cinnamon rolls front desk blowing rock pancake machine whirlpool tub room was clean appalachian state university outdoor pool the breakfast area restaurants and shopping up to date the blue ridge parkway nice property short drive central location nice stay great place to stay
Reviewed 28 January 2016

The hotel was immaculate. We were very impressed by the cleanliness of the breakfast area. The staff was constantly tidying up the area. Great location. It was hard to keep the room temperature regulated, and we ended up just turning the heat off overnight. Handy business center. Coffee all day! Great value. We would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Elizabeth K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We're always happy to see when we've left a good impression on our guests. We look forward to you returning to our hotel on your next excursion to Boone! Thank you again for your feedback and your business, both are truly appreciated.

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

Very good service. Perfect location. Warm. Good breakfast. Very recommended. Free parking. Wifi. Fireplace. Hot coffe and hot chocolate all day. Smoking free. good housekeeper. microwave and refrigerator in room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were convenient for your skiing vacation. We are located just a short drive from Appalachian Ski Mountain and great skiing! We got lots of snow yesterday and are expecting quite a bit tomorrow so come on back as soon as you can for more adventure :)

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

We had a pretty great stay. My only complaint is the air window unit. All night it was too hot, turn it down. Too cold, almost immediately, turn it up. The low was still very high. There was not a temperature control knob. Staff was nice and we liked having breakfast in the morning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Boone for your recent stay. I apologize that the temperature in your guest room was difficult to control with the heating unit in your room. Because these reviews are anonymous, if you would please send me an e-mail (Margaret@expressboone.com) with your name and/or room number, I will certainly ask our Maintenance Department to check out the unit. We appreciate your business and I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

The rooms are spacious and so was my bathroom. I like that it was all clean and well maintained. The only thing that bothered me a bit was that the heater is a huge AC mashine attached to the window wall and must have not been properly installed because when it's windy outside, it gets extremely cold in the room and you literally feel the cold air come in. Also the heater is very loud so i couldnt keep it on at night. Id suggest they find another option how to heat the rooms. But all in all it was a godd stay and a nice place. I recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you found our hotel clean and well-maintained; however, I am sorry that the heating unit made your sleep less than satisfactory. If you would please e-mail me (Margaret@expressboone.com) with your name or room number, I will make sure that Maintenance addresses the concern. I am glad that you will not let the heater experience keep you from visiting us again! We will see you soon :)

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The carpet is very nice. Bathroom was large. Breakfast was good as far as continental but the hot breakfast looked instant so I didn't try it.

Balcony would be great in warmer weather. Room also had microwave, mini fridge and extra sink.

I stayed in a double room and I gave it four stars due to the mattress feeling very lumpy and sunk in and felt they should be replaced. Waking with a sore back and neck two days in a row is no fun.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Margaret R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boone, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Thank you for the time you took to give us your feedback. I am very sorry that the mattress in your room was not comfortable. Because these reviews are anonymous, if you would please e-mail me your name and/or room number I will make sure that our Maintenance Manager addresses that issue. I am glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. I look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail is Margaret@expressboone.com.