Stayed here for two nights to go skiing up the road at Beech Mountain. I would put the hotel at the upper end of the Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at. For under $100 a night I don't think you can beat it. I am a platinum priority club member and request a room upgrade every time I stay at a hotel. The hotel originally gave us a great suite (I think it was room 300). Equipped with a separate living room, bar and kitchen. Stand up shower, whirlpool and double sinks. Unfortunately, I was traveling with a friend and not my wife and after debating who got the pull out couch we decided to down grade to a standard room (Suites only have king beds). The standard room was still a step above most Holiday Inn Expresses. It had a small, but nice balcony with a door and the typical layout. Bed and restroom were standard for Holiday Inn Expresses. We slept great. The room was up to my standards of cleanliness nothing stood out as dirty.
We could not use the pool because it is outdoor. That was one draw back as a hot tub would have been nice after skiing. The lobby/breakfast area were nice and large. Plenty of seating and some couches with a TV to watch. Ample free parking and free WIFI. The location is great with easy access to dining and the University Area "downtown". We drove one night and then chose to take a taxi the second night so we could have a few more drinks. We used Boone Taxi which appeared to be a college student trying to make some extra bucks. There weren't a lot of options in Boone. Nonetheless, the rates were flat around town and she was punctual/responsive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Video Tour of the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Boone was recipient of the 2003 Development Award as well as the 2004 and 2006 Quality Excellence Award. We are a five story, 129 room hotel offering: two room suites with fireplaces, a jacuzzi and a balcony; King rooms with jacuzzi and standard rooms with Queen beds. All guest rooms have complimentary high speed wireless internet service. This Boone hotel also features a free hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Visit Boone, NC and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Boone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Boone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Boone Hotel Boone
- Holiday Inn Boone
- Boone Holiday Inn Express