“Girls lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great little restaurant in the heart of Boone. Great for lunch or dinner with alcohol drinks available. Menu has a local flair and both our lunches were tasty. Can sit and watch people of the town walk by which is interesting. Geared more toward the younger crowd, but I am 61 and loved it.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My husband and I love the Black Cat! I am a vegan and they are always willing to make any of their delicious burritos into a vegan delight! Their fried brussels sprouts are amazing too! They also serve beer and wine -- you can have a fantastic dinner with drinks for a very affordable price! Great staff too!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My family of five visited Black Cat about 8pm on a Saturday night. The dining area was full but the line to order was not long. We waited almost an hour after ordering for our food to arrive. We each ordered some type of chicken dish. When our food arrived and we dug in, we discovered that every entrée was mostly rice and black beans with virtually no chicken. It seemed as if they had run low on cooked chicken and instead of cooking more, simply tried to stretch out what was left between the remaining orders of the night. My large burrito had only four cubes of chicken in it-very disappointing since we ordered 5 entrees at about $9 each. To add insult to injury, they had a window open in the dining area with cigarette smoke rolling in from the smokers who are always standing right outside the door. The workers there have always seemed like they could care less, but the food made it worth it. Black Cat has a cool vibe and has historically been one of our favorite restaurants in Boone because of the great food, but something has changed. This was our second visit in a month where we have waited in excess of 45 minutes for mediocre food so we will not be back.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Typical college town hole-in-the-wall. Friendly staff serving up delicious burritos. Menu choices let you build-your-own burrito.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

In town visiting my sister & family. Ventured downtown Boone. My sister recommended Black Cat Burrito. Conveniently located off main road in Boone.

I asked for suggestions - fish tacos. I ordered mine lightly blackened, perfectly prepared. My wife enjoyed her chicken, beans & rice burrito. The same as my sister & her husband.

They should have ordered one to split between the two. Great quantity, flavor & surroundings.