“Good food and service”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I had not eaten at Pepper's in years. I met friends there for lunch and was pleased with the selection. I was intrigued by the "Pimento Cheese Burger," so I ordered it. I don't eat beef, so I ordered it with the gardenburger. It was delicious! The gardenburger came with pimento cheese, greens, and a tomato. I enjoyed it. I also had a bowl of clam chowder. It was good, even though it tasted more like potato soup than clam chowder. Evan was our server and he was very attentive to our needs. It was an enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: February 2018
Jack P, Owner at Pepper's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hi Kim. I appreciate your review. The pimento cheeseburger is a popular item here at Pepper's. I'll get our soup maker to add more clams and clam stock to the chowder. Thanks for the heads up. I'm really glad Evan did a good job for you too. I hope you come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

It has been a while since we visited Peppers. Nearly every time, I have ordered the French Onion Soup. It has always been so good (they serve it with small scissors for cutting the cheese). My daughter was with me this time and ordered her bowl with "light cheese" because she said it was too thick the last time. I didn't, liking cheese. On tasting it, I wished that I had ordered it light. It was 1/2" thick and the scissors were not necessary. The cheese tasted like it was cheep cheese spread mixed with flour. The soup itself was too salty.
We also ordered the spinach artichoke dip and it was loaded with the same floury cheese.
Definitely not the good food that we had come to expect from this local restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018

Hello Scott. I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your meal at my restaurant. I checked with my kitchen manager and he assured me that we haven't changed the brand of mozzarella we have been using over the past few years. It is 100% mozzarella cheese with no fillers or additives. Our cook must have gotten carried away with the amount of cheese he used on your onion soup and we haven't changed the french onion recipe so I'm not sure why it was saltier than usual. Of all the soups we serve our french onion is the most popular. Please let your server or my manager know if you aren't happy with your meal and he or she will take care of the matter with a discount or the item can be removed from your bill. We can also look into the problem on the spot and take care of it before we serve something that isn't being prepared correctly to another customer. We always use the best ingredients available to us so the quality of our food remains high. The last thing we would do is use an inferior product. It's just not the way we have been doing things here at Pepper's for the past 42 years.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We recently ate here with some friends to celebrate a birthday. The chicken teriyaki was recommended and the description sounded great. The sandwich itself was pretty good but the teriyaki dipping sauce was not. It tasted like it was poured straight from the Kikkoman bottle. Not what I was hoping to for. My wife had the fish tacos and loved them but another person we were with had the same tacos but they didn't taste as good. Everyone else in our party was pleased with what they had. The service was great and fast. Lots of menu selection and the restaurant has a good reputation. Hope to go back and try something else and hopefully have a better result.

Date of visit: February 2018
Jack P, Owner at Pepper's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Hi Jake. Thank you for your review. I'm really glad to read that most of the people in your group were satisfied with their meals. I'm not sure what the deal was with your teriyaky chicken that evening, but normally we get great reviews on it. I assure you that we make our own sauce (with Kikkomans soy sauce) and additional ingredients and we don't pour it out of a bottle. All I can guess is that the cook in charge of that sandwich didn't notice that the sauce had been in the steam pan too long and did not take the necessary action of replacing it. It can get quite salty if it is not replaced after a long period of time. Or maybe whoever prepared the sauce didn't follow the directions properly. I hope you enjoy your next meal here and if you aren't satisfied we will be more than happy to prepare something else for you or take the item off your bill. If it is brought to the attention of our management immediately we can take care of it on the spot so another customer won't have the same suffer through a poor meal. I hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Jean Lawson sandwich and grilled salmon was absolutely fantastic! Great food, great service, friendly employees and clean. Highly recommend

Date of visit: January 2018
Jack P, Owner at Pepper's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Hi Kingbobbiejo. Thank you for your wonderful review. The Jean Lawson is our best selling sandwich here at Pepper's. I hope you get a chance to come back soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Had a Light Plate with chicken and asked for a one trip salad bar. I was not told I couldn't add one trip to that entree and it would be full price until I went to pay. (I was never offered a second plate either.)The food was okay, just not worth 26.00 with the gratuity. Had I been told, I would have ordered a sandwich and thrown away the bread and saved about 10.00.

Date of visit: January 2018
Jack P, Owner at Pepper's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Hello Cindy. It sounds like you were definitely overcharged for the add on salad bar. Your server and the cashier should have known better. Please send me your address at peppersrestaurant@gmail.com. and I will send you a refund or a gift card for $10.00. I'm very sorry that this happened.
Jack Pepper