“Disappointed ”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Had a Light Plate with chicken and asked for a one trip salad bar. I was not told I couldn't add one trip to that entree and it would be full price until I went to pay. (I was never offered a second plate either.)The food was okay, just not worth 26.00 with the gratuity. Had I been told, I would have ordered a sandwich and thrown away the bread and saved about 10.00.

Jack P, Owner at Pepper's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Hello Cindy. It sounds like you were definitely overcharged for the add on salad bar. Your server and the cashier should have known better. Please send me your address at peppersrestaurant@gmail.com. and I will send you a refund or a gift card for $10.00. I'm very sorry that this happened.
Jack Pepper
Owner

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Since the early 70's Peppers has been one of our favorite places in Boone N.C. .. We have always found the food, no matter what we order, to be just what we ordered and fresh. Wait staff is very attentive. When in Boone you must visit this restaurant and especially try the fried mushrooms as appetizer and Mudpie as dessert.

Thanks for the great review. The mud pie and mushrooms are all made in house. I hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Peppers has a relaxed ambiance and the staff provide thoughtful and excellent service. They go out of their way to be sure the customer is pleased with their order.

The menu is limited, but very good. There is a salad bar and most everything is freshly made - from entrees to deserts. The prices are reasonable.

Peppers is located in a shopping center area, so there is ample parking. I would recommend a phone call to get specific directions within the shopping center parking lot... such as identying nearby stores. Finding the shopping center is very easy and it very near the downtown area.

Jack P, Owner at Pepper's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Thanks very much for eating with us here at Pepper's. It makes me happy to read a note from a satisfied customer. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Sunday, Jan 21st, Evening.

Peppers was chosen for their seasoned onion rings and large restaurant style burgers.
My family and I were seated by a courteous (excessively tattooed) hostess. Drink and appetizer orders were taken promptly, and arrived in good time. However the bland, unseasoned onion rings were consumed and we were left sitting with empty glasses for what seemed to be 20-30 mins before flagging down another waiter. When the food arrived, it was lackluster to what we remembered this restaurant to offer last visit. Unanimous complaints of blandness and over-toasted “buns”, and unseasoned mushrooms. The chicken strips were over-cooked as well, with dark, hardened outer crust.
What was more insulting was the 18% gratuity automatically added to the bill, which amounted to $16 for $8 service, which I payed anyway rather than complain.
Not the Peppers, I remembered. I’m sad to say that I would have rather had a “Dave’s Double” from Wendy’s. They must be under new management. :-(

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at my restaurant. We usually get rave reviews about our onion rings and mushrooms. I checked with my kitchen manager and he assures me that our recipe hasn't been changed. I did find out that the fryer oil had not been changed over the weekend due to a delivery shortage. This could have changed the quality of the fried food. I will refund your money on these items if you will send me your name and address. peppersrestaurant@gmail.com. There is no excuse for the slack service you received especially since you were eating after the usual busy time. Your server has been spoken to and will be suspended if her work doesn't improve. I am so glad our excessively tattooed hostess was courteous. We are in a college town here in Boone so many of our employees have tattoos. As long as the tattoos aren't offensive I let it ride. We aren't under new management....I guess you just hit us on a bad day and for that I apologize.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Son and I stopped here after a long day of skiing. The servers were prompt efficient and friendly. The food we had buffalo wings, French onion soup, onion rings, meatball sub. All items were freshly prepared, tasty and good portions.