“Unique food with great service”

Gamekeeper Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gamekeeper Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 159 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 50
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 100 yards up Shulls Mill Rd from the entrance to Yonahlossee
Reviewed 30 October 2018

From the moment we pulled up to the restaurant we were greeted with a friendly Valet and hostess. Our table wasn't ready yet so we ordered a drink with the friendly bartender. We came on Thursday evening at 7:30 and they were packed! Our waitress was fantastic and did a great job explaining all the dishes. We loved the fireplace here and the cozy atmosphere. For appetizers I ordered the mushroom soup and my boyfriend had the goat cheese platter which we were both blown away with. For his entree he loved the trout dish! I ordered a pasta with Emu and it came loaded with so many strange veggies I had a hard time finding the Emu or pasta and it didn't have much flavor unfortunately. For dessert we had bread pudding which was fantastic! We enjoyed our meal here.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Food cold, salad came out after entrée, rushes through the entire meal. No personal service. We got the Elk and Bison but bad part is all entrees are played up the exact same carrots, broccoli, spinach, so my opinion product service. Save your money and time and go to Artisanal for the same price but better service and better quality of food.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Had my birthday dinner here with my husband and was not disappointed. We started with the escargot that was quite tasty. I had Osso Buco which was a hearty venison dish. I was filling and tender. There was an array of vegetables included. My spouse had bison and raved about how much he enjoyed it. Decor is rustic. We had a nice Mountain View from our table.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening at the Gamekeeper. The dining room was beautiful and the staff were attentive and helpful. We started out with the mixed grill appetizer. I’m not an adventurous eater (my husband is!) but I enjoyed this immensely -especially the bison. Our entrees were delicious (Emu and the Vegetable Plate) -mine in particular was also a feast for the eyes! Our waiter recommended the bread pudding for dessert - another perfect choice. This is a must-visit restaurant if you are anywhere in the area (make reservations - it’s very popular).

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

From the minute we entered the Gamekeepers property the service was impeccable...from the Valet to the hostess to the wait staff! The food that our party ordered was expertly prepared. The main dishes we choose were the Bison tenderloin, the grilled elk and the grilled Duck Breast and all were cooked to perfection and the side dishes were inventive and delicious. Everyone in our party was in agreement that we would highly recommend the Gamekeeper and definitely return! Oh, and ask for Jeff, he was an awesome waiter!