“Hidden gem”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Hidden Valley Motel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I found this Motel by accident and the good reviews and price got my attention. Not possible to find a cleaner place. Quiet and comfortable and fresh air in my room through my open windows. Loved the bird and butterfly garden too. I will be back for sure. It would be extra nice if there were blow dryers in rooms. I travel regularly and haven't needed to pack one in years so caught off guard when I got out of the shower with wet hair and nothing to dry it with.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thanks L0vett for your good review, we try to strike a balance between cost and amenities offered and always strive to improve our offerings. Sorry about the hair dryer, wish that you had spoken up at the time. Hair dryers themselves are quite inexpensive and are available for our guests (I'll check, should have been listed in the guest information book), but I prefer to hand one personally to a guest with the caution that the same circuit feeds the coffee pot and microwave.

Thanks again Jim & Family

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We were driving to this hotel from the parkway and I was thinking what has my wife gone and done? Boy was she right. This is a small, family owned hotel. We arrived and interrupted their dinner. They were so nice. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The rate was as good as you will find. The grounds are obviously well cared for and landscaped. I usually don't give out 5 stars unless it is truly world class, but this place is the perfect combination of good price and high quality.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thanks indianacato for the nice review. Reviews are appreciated and go a long ways to assure future guests that it is worth the drive to visit our little mom & pop motel. We're a family business and take pride in attempting to provide a good experience for our guests.
Jim & Family

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We enjoyed our night in this family-owned motel. Though it's listed as Boone, it's about 8 miles from the city, past the turn off to Valle Cruces. I like being able to pull my car right up in front of the room - so easy to load and unload. The owners are friendly and helpful. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thanks drivinexplorer for your review, they are always appreciated. Our street (postal) address is Boone, but yes I think I could throw a rock from the driveway and reach a Banner Elk address. We're about an equal distance to Boone, Banner Elk or Linville in the Foscoe Community on Highway 105, on the plus side it places us about half way between the attractions of Grandfather Mountain and Tweetsie Railroad and convenient to most of the High Country activities. Jim & Family

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Upon arrival, was greeted by Mom and Pop as if we were family. Very nice couple that owns and operates. Very accommodating and went out of their way several times to ensure I got all that was needed or desired. This is a small family owned motel that gives you that relaxing atmosphere that allows you to escape the hustle and bustle. The grounds are full of greenery and blooming perennials. Very nice place. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thanks j0hnharris87 for taking the time to give a review. We always hope our guests depart feeling that they have visited family as we enjoy the guests that visit. We will look to see you again in the future. Jim & Family

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We visited in early June. The rooms here have recently been remodeled - smell of new carpet but that will resolve itself. Everything was clean and in order. And there is LOTS of ice in the ice machine! Thanks for a comfortable stay.

Stayed: June 2017
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thanks GRITSinNH for visiting with us at Hidden Valley Motel and thanks for taking the time to write a review. Jim & Family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
11 km away
10.9 km away
Sleep Inn Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
#3 of 18 in Boone

Been to Hidden Valley Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK