Hidden Valley Motel
US$ 84
Country Inn
Sleep Inn Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
US$ 62
SleepInn
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 74/night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
Holiday Inn Express Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
US$ 123
Hampton.com
Quality Inn & Suites University(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
US$ 67
QualityInn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 78/night.

Courtyard Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
Comfort Suites(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 80
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 105/night.

Lovill House Inn(Boone)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
All reviewsmom and popflower gardengrandfather mountainfamily photosnice ownerscookie cuttername brand hotelsbanner elk areanice couplehand paintedhappily stay here againcute placequeen size bedroom was cleanboone areathe blue ridge pkwysmall fridge
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We loved this little gem of a motel! It reminded me so much of my aunts house in SC from the decor to the complimentary diet Dr Thunder! It was super clean and comfortable and would recommend to anyone traveling in the Boone area.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thanks JohnnieSue for visiting with us at Hidden Valley Motel, we're old folks and always hope our guests feel like they are visiting friends and family as we enjoy the folks we get to meet. Jim

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Mom and pop motels can be such treasures and this one surely is. The owners are very nice and the grounds are charming. The front gardens were adorable. The rooms have that nice throwback vibe that you hope for in this type of place.

There are some negatives, however. The bed and pillows were terribly uncomfortable. We noticed some staining on the sheets and pillowcases so we checked the pillows underneath and wished we hadn't. The pillows were badly stained and one had blood stains. The blanket did not seem to be freshly laundered either. Gross. We also found an ant crawling around on one of the pillows.

Also, this was advertised as a non-smoking motel but our room smelled like it had been smoked in at one time.

It's a shame because otherwise we would have recommended this place. Considering the bed, pillow and smoke situation we would have rated this motel 2 stars but the friendly owners and charming grounds bumped it up to 3 stars.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same proximity from the road so you do hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thanks Earthlingsdotcom for your visit, review and complimenting us, and sorry we failed to meet all of your needs.

The beautiful grounds and gardens are the result of years of Maxine’s hard work; unfortunately the occasional garden bug comes with the rural area and large garden.

I wish you would share with me your thoughts on the mattress, too hard, too soft or something else, as many guests have commented how well they rested on them, knowing your difficulty would guide me in future choices.

I’m not sure how to best answer your other comments; linen is regularly laundered, but there must be a relationship between the replacement cycles of items and the room rates charged, we are at the end of a cycle where items are being replaced, our new pillows have arrived and other projects are well under way.

All rooms are non-smoking and no pets and our family does not smoke, but unfortunately not all guests are considerate of our policies our only option is a more intensive cleaning on their departure.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Spent Friday and Saturday night. It was convenient, cozy and quiet. They are in the process of updating the rooms with new carpet, etc. My husband really enjoyed seeing the old Packards and the garden was just starting to come into bloom. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thanks Linda S for staying with us at Hidden Valley Motel, still working our way through the rooms, nothing moves as fast as planned, but it is still moving forward, as I write this a few weeks after the review, the garden is progressing too from those few spring flowers to summer beauty.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

This was my second stay at Hidden Valley Motel. I like it because it's right in the middle of everything, but not noisy. The owners are extremely nice and friendly. They were very helpful with guiding us to local restaurants and tourist attractions. This is a small motel with about 10 rooms. My daughter and I stayed in room #1 which is the farthest from the office with one queen size bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, two chairs, and all the movie channels. There was a wooden bench and swing right outside of our door and a nice garden with a sitting area in front of the motel. This is a budget friendly motel where you park by your room. Great for couples, families, or singles.

Room Tip: I like room 1 and 2. There are the perfect size for one or two people.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thanks MtnloverVA for your recent visit to Hidden Valley Motel. We visited the area ourselves for years before choosing to move to the area and enjoy sharing our favorite area spots with guests that visit.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I stayed in room number one right by the old cars. It was only for one night while I traveled for work. This place is small, quiet, and very cute! The garden and decorations really make the place. The people who run it were very kind and gave me thoughtful answers and suggestions to my questions about where to eat and things to see while I was there. I thought the price was fair for the room and it is actually one of the most affordable places in the Boone area. The only thing that I would change/suggest would be if they could have at least one or two rooms available that are pet friendly. Since I was travelling for work, I was by myself. However, when I travel for fun, I often have my dog with me! I would love to stay here again but I am not sure when I will have the opportunity to since there's a good chance I will have my dog with me.

Room Tip: small, quiet, locally owned
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
JimBoone, Owner at Hidden Valley Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Amanda thank you for your thoughtful review, we enjoy our guests and hope all find us friendly and the facility clean and attractive, always our goal to be affordable for a nice place as well and always trying to improve.

I can appreciate the needs of yourself and others that sometimes travel with a pet, however being tiny, only 8 rooms and those divided into 3 different room types there are only so many ways I can cut the pie, throw in our own allergies and those of some guests we chose the route of non-smoking and no pets.

I would however be glad to suggest other properties (larger) that do have accommodations for guests travelling furry friends. Another option may be Blue Ridge Veterinary Clinic, they are just up the street from us and were able to accommodate the pet of a previous guest, really nice folks in my opinion.