“Do not waste your money”

The Inn at Crestwood
Ranked #7 of 9 Boone B&B and Inns
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Do not waste your money”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My girlfriends and I planned a lovely weekend in Blowing Rock and booked spa apts at Crestwood Spa. We had great expectations for this place due to the pictures and the customer service when I set up the apts. I booked the 1.5 hr Crestwood massage with Cindi. When I got into the room the bed was freezing cold, the lotion was cold and i could hear people walking upstairs so Cindi turned the music up to drown out the noise. With all of this aside I tried to relax but had to ask for more pressure since it just felt like she was rubbing lotion on me. She did not listen and continued on until I just asked her to stop 15 minutes earlier. This made me uncomfortable and put me in an awkward position. It left me feeling more uptight than when I came in and a waste of $115. My girlfriends massages were better than mine but disliked the ambiance of the spa since the only place to relax was the lobby. I recommend booking the Westglow spa which was where we went last year. Lesson learned!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Kelly C
Rebekah P, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Do Not Waste your money,

We greatly apologize that your experience at Crestwood was not what you were expecting. Please allow me to address each of your concerns. We have provided both bed warmers and heaters in each of the rooms, I am not sure if these were not adequate for heating your appointment or if something else was wrong, again we apologize that the bed and lotion were cold. I have been informed that Cindis appointments that morning were swedish massages, which are accredited with a lighter touch, Cindi is in the habit of offering an upgrade to a deep tissue massage if a guest request more pressure, I have also been informed that this happened in the appointment in question and the option was turned down. I have never had complaints about Cindi as a massage therapist, however we have spoken with her to see how together we can seek to provide a better service to our guests. We are also constantly seeking to improve the ambiance of the spa and hope that you will find what you are looking for here at Crestwood.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were lucky enough to have a family reunion here at The Inn at Crestwood and everyone left with great memories. The surroundings are just breathtaking, while the food, service, and hospitality could not have better. We all cannot say enough positive things about the staff...they were all great and even better with improvising for our large group that included everyone from ages 2-80+. We basically took over the place and had people in rooms, suites, and cabins...everything was perfect and everybody liked their accomodations. The cabins gave us great family time together and places to spread out. While the actual Inn had great food/bar service, and grounds. We were even lucky enough to have had an art exhibit with the artist there on the top floor! The Inn also has a great location and you are minutes from eveything without the "hussle and bussle" of being right in the middle of it all. The staff gave us expert advice on what to see, how to get there, and when you go! DO NOT HESISTATE TO STAY HERE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bbc026
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My boyfriend and I could not stop talking about what a great time we had staying at the Inn earlier this month after we left. We had a long drive to Charlotte and went over and over what a positive experience the entire trip had been. I even expressed how much I wanted to write a very nice email back to everyone, but we arrived home and promptly forgot. Today,we arrived home from work to find a nice handwritten note asking us back to the resort with a little discount card.

I pulled up the reviews just to see what other people had expierienced and knew I had to write my own :)

We were greeted upon arrival by Paige, the sweet and funny desk clerk, who knew who we were because of our arrival time(and because she is magic). It was her that informed us about the "Breakfast Baskets" that are delivered to your door on weekdays. We were completely stoked the following morning when another friendly staff member arrived right on time with a huge basket of more goodies than we could eat and a full carafe of coffee just for us! We didn't even have to leave our room...which was very nice! (There are reviews saying these are not very good... and I'm wondering where these people have stayed in the past where there was a FREE breakfast delivered to you door??? COME ON!!) We ate at the restaurant three times during our stay(once with a wedding party) and the service and food was amazing. I sincerely recommend the goat cheese and pecan salad and also the salmon dish...yummy! On top of the delicious food and great service; there was a young man walking around with an acoustic guitar serenading folks, the incredible mountain sunset view and after the soft glow of the candles, twinkle lights streaming from the trees!!! The wait staff also had extensive knowledge of their wine list.

The Inn has a garden nearby where the owner grows all the flowers that they change every day and also herbs that they mix into the butter for the bread. I made an appointment at the Spa for a deep tissue massage after some hiking the day before and they were able to work something out for me even though they usually need 24 hours advance notice. They even moved it back an hour last minute and texted me because I had horrible service on my phone in the mountains!

The restaurant manager has to be mentioned because he made us feel so important and valued. Thank you, Audun Parks. You are very talented at your job and an extremely talented singer and guitar player. Best wishes! Steve would also like you to know you have inspired him to become an acoustic singer/songwriter.

We stayed in a king villa, is was nice and always very clean. We only happened to stay here because of a family wedding and we were pleasantly surprised! We also read the review about the dissatisfied customer that was unhappy this place was "out of the way." I couldn't respond to the review, but I will say this place is very out of the way... and ... THAT'S THE POINT!!! The Inn was very easy to find and everyone in the area, local and guests were very sweet and helpful if you are looking for anything.

We live in New Orleans, and love to travel. Thank you all so very much, we are sure to be back and send friends!!!
Jess Leigh and Stephen Gholston

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We held our Family Reunion at the Crestwood and it was fantastic. We had great food and service it was nice having the full service bar in such a rustic yet modern environment. We did not feel like we had to drive anywhere to enjoy ourselves. The kids played croquet or bocci on the lawn and the nice thing is that it was 10-15 degrees cooler than Charlotte or Wilmington. One night we were able to sit on the veranda and watch a storm pour over Grandfather mountain and into the valley, really spectacular.

We had suites and cottages which was perfect for little kids because we could put them down and still hang out with the fam. Great WiFi feeds in the bar and lounge for those who stay connected. We loved it; Thanks CC and crew!

Thanks
The Ludwig's

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Southern States
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We had a three night reservation and wish we had made it for no less than ten. What a warm, charming, comfortable, mountain home to kick back and relax. It is not your typical commercial property at all. Set on a mountain crest with spectacular views of Grandfather Mountain and other NC mountains. We loved our stay and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Come prepared to enjoy mountain country side.