“Great Atmosphere!”

Art of Living Retreat Center
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The Environment is Peaceful and Serene. The Views are Breathtaking.

You can participate in the daily yoga or meditation sessions or go around the property on a guided or self-guided tour.

The food here is simple and healthy.

All in all a great experience.

Note: Head over to the reception for all details.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Art of Living Retreat Center

Reviewed 25 June 2017

This was a first time solo retreat experience for me...First time retreat. I attended the Happiness Retreat. I've always been curious about meditation/yoga and wanted to attend an actual course. The location is absolutely beautiful...Blue Ridge Mountains...beautiful!. If you want some peace, solo time and a view of the mountains..this is the place. Also, take advantage of the retreat packages only if you're into Meditation/Yoga. Room accommodations are basic (retreat room): I stayed in the retreat room in the spa building; clean room and spacious. Take advantage of ayurvedic massage, you won't regret it!...Don't expect wi-fi to work at all, remember you're up in the mountains. Expect to do a lot of walking up the hills, so bring sneakers (parking is limited).Food was tasty!...(vegan/vegetarian). Staff was extremely helpful and friendly (Thanks, Rob for the private tour). Overall, for those interested in learning about meditation/yoga, I strongly recommend the Happiness Retreat...very informative class. You learn about Sudarshan Kriya Yoga (SKY/Sri Sri Shankar) and can actually implement the breathing technique at home. Lot's to do besides meditation/Yoga...there's hiking and pottery class or enjoy the beautiful mountain view.

Stayed: June 2017
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

We are all very excited about your recent experience at our Happiness Retreat. It seems as if you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer here at the Art of Living Retreat Center. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This place was amazing. I really can't think of enough words to describe it! I went here for one of the 3 day retreat programs and it surpassed my expectations. I stayed in the spa building and it was lovely! There is plenty of complimentary teas and coffee and fruit at all times! The staff is very attentive.

I highly recommend getting a massage while you're there. They are one of the top rated Ayurvedic spas in the country. I had the Abhyanga massage and it was heavenly. Next time I go I will try the Royal treatment massage! They also sell all of their own oils and things used in treatments in their spa lounge/shop.

The food is unique and delicious! It is a mix of vegetarian and vegan foods. There is usually a mix of both on the buffet. Sometimes it may all be vegan, but if you are not vegan, no worries, it is absolutely delicious and I promise you won't be able to tell! The soups are to die for! It was the best part of the meal in my opinion and I looked forward to trying the new soups they had everyday.

The instructors there are also very good at teaching what they do. Some are/were professors at Appalachian State and most of them from my own gatherings have higher up degrees such as PhD's. My instructor had a PhD in nutrition. So you will get a lot of information if you want it and it is all very informative and useful.

The place itself is beautiful. I got lucky and it was pure sunshine the entire weekend I was there. The pottery class and the nature walk I also highly recommend. The guide I had for the nature walk had a PhD in botany and he knew EVERYTHING about plants. You may even get to sample some on the trail if you're adventurous!

Side note on the rooms: There is no air conditioning. However, I went in June and honestly didn't need it. They have ceiling fans and with the windows open and the cool nights you honestly don't even need it.

I will definitely be coming back soon! This was a surreal experience!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thank you for your review which we will share with the entire staff. We strive to exceed guest expectations and are happy that you had such a wonderful time. It seems that you completely immersed yourself in everything the Art of Living Retreat Center offers which can truly create and extraordinary experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I got my TM (Transcendental Meditation) mantra on 2/27/97 from Bruce Smith then in Bloomfield Hills, Mi. I've meditated twice a day ever since.
We stayed in timeshare. It showed AOL offer of meditation from 11am-noon daily. Very unseasonably cold and rainy day so off we went. I packed a lunch and husband drove. He doesn't practice TM but he enjoyed the drive.
He also took me to my AOL introduction in Bangalore, India. He stayed off site in a nearby hotel.
I was greeted by Cimi, class leader and a visitor who didn't stay. Cimi reminded me of AOL breathing techniques. Transcendental Meditation is science of mind and I've nailed that habit. Now Cimi guided me back to breathing techniques that I'd forgotten. No charge other than cost of getting there. Husband and I had our box lunch in dining room with dramatic view of Blue Ridge Mountains. If anything happens to my husband I'll really need to return. Cimi is vegetarian, not vegan. I'd give a nutrition class if asked in a few years.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2017

This resort is a place of healing. They help bring peace and serenity to even the most hectic of lives. Please take the time to experience the unique and life-altering Yoga and Meditation Sessions from Cimi. You feel better about life in general and for your individual circumstances after having a session with him.
The food is spectacular and healthy...a great combination. The service was top notch - you could tell everyone who worked there really loved what they did and cared about providing a great experience for each visitor.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YMC323
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you for your insightful review and happy anniversary. We will be certain to share your comments with our staff as they will be delighted that they made such an impression on you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
8.5 km away
8.7 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 18 in Boone

Been to Art of Living Retreat Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK