“Highly Recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boone
Art of Living Retreat Center
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This place was amazing. I really can't think of enough words to describe it! I went here for one of the 3 day retreat programs and it surpassed my expectations. I stayed in the spa building and it was lovely! There is plenty of complimentary teas and coffee and fruit at all times! The staff is very attentive.

I highly recommend getting a massage while you're there. They are one of the top rated Ayurvedic spas in the country. I had the Abhyanga massage and it was heavenly. Next time I go I will try the Royal treatment massage! They also sell all of their own oils and things used in treatments in their spa lounge/shop.

The food is unique and delicious! It is a mix of vegetarian and vegan foods. There is usually a mix of both on the buffet. Sometimes it may all be vegan, but if you are not vegan, no worries, it is absolutely delicious and I promise you won't be able to tell! The soups are to die for! It was the best part of the meal in my opinion and I looked forward to trying the new soups they had everyday.

The instructors there are also very good at teaching what they do. Some are/were professors at Appalachian State and most of them from my own gatherings have higher up degrees such as PhD's. My instructor had a PhD in nutrition. So you will get a lot of information if you want it and it is all very informative and useful.

The place itself is beautiful. I got lucky and it was pure sunshine the entire weekend I was there. The pottery class and the nature walk I also highly recommend. The guide I had for the nature walk had a PhD in botany and he knew EVERYTHING about plants. You may even get to sample some on the trail if you're adventurous!

Side note on the rooms: There is no air conditioning. However, I went in June and honestly didn't need it. They have ceiling fans and with the windows open and the cool nights you honestly don't even need it.

I will definitely be coming back soon! This was a surreal experience!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thank you for your review which we will share with the entire staff. We strive to exceed guest expectations and are happy that you had such a wonderful time. It seems that you completely immersed yourself in everything the Art of Living Retreat Center offers which can truly create and extraordinary experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Art of Living Retreat Center

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I got my TM (Transcendental Meditation) mantra on 2/27/97 from Bruce Smith then in Bloomfield Hills, Mi. I've meditated twice a day ever since.
We stayed in timeshare. It showed AOL offer of meditation from 11am-noon daily. Very unseasonably cold and rainy day so off we went. I packed a lunch and husband drove. He doesn't practice TM but he enjoyed the drive.
He also took me to my AOL introduction in Bangalore, India. He stayed off site in a nearby hotel.
I was greeted by Cimi, class leader and a visitor who didn't stay. Cimi reminded me of AOL breathing techniques. Transcendental Meditation is science of mind and I've nailed that habit. Now Cimi guided me back to breathing techniques that I'd forgotten. No charge other than cost of getting there. Husband and I had our box lunch in dining room with dramatic view of Blue Ridge Mountains. If anything happens to my husband I'll really need to return. Cimi is vegetarian, not vegan. I'd give a nutrition class if asked in a few years.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2017

This resort is a place of healing. They help bring peace and serenity to even the most hectic of lives. Please take the time to experience the unique and life-altering Yoga and Meditation Sessions from Cimi. You feel better about life in general and for your individual circumstances after having a session with him.
The food is spectacular and healthy...a great combination. The service was top notch - you could tell everyone who worked there really loved what they did and cared about providing a great experience for each visitor.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YMC323
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you for your insightful review and happy anniversary. We will be certain to share your comments with our staff as they will be delighted that they made such an impression on you.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

The retreat center is an older structure, well kept and quiet renovations are being done. I stayed in the spa hotel for the "rest and restore" package. All meals were included in the vegetarian cafeteria, but the drive to town wasn't too bad in daylight if you prefer something else. The room was modern and clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful! Any questions were welcome and they were willing to accommodate any request they could manage. The spa treatments encompassed some of the best body work I've ever had and I consider myself a spa snob! Absolutely great! Overall, if you're looking for peace & quiet with no frills and reasonable prices- this is perfect.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank saishirl
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for your review of the Art of Living Retreat Center. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that you felt you received a great value for the price paid. We
do hear quite often from experienced spa enthusiasts that our treaments are some of the best they have ever had. We wish you will and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a whim after not finding a suitable bed and breakfast type accommodation in the Linville Falls area and what a find! We were so pleased by the quiet and peaceful surrounding and found the whole complex to be a great place to clear your mind. The vegetarian menu at the center's dining hall was off the charts delicious (full disclosure it resembled Indian cuisine in some respects which is a personal favorite) and the yoga and meditation classes offered were educational and thought-provoking.

The only "negative" is that the rooms are spartan so do not expect a typical hotel experience with luxury cotton sheets and boutique bath products. I put this in quotations because we knew this in advance and we were not looking for that kind of experience at all. The room was clean, comfortable, and even had a small balcony with an unbelievable view where I meditated in the morning as the sun was rising. One last note: cell signal can be weak so if you're addicted to your phone, it may be a minor annoyance.

Wonderful staff, thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ronald L
Rob B, Guest Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Thank you for your review. We are all so pleased that you were able to truly experience what are goal is for each guest who stays with us. The quiet, natural environment along with the beautiful views and fresh mountain air does set the stage for one to clear the mind. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
8.5 km away
8.7 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 18 in Boone

Been to Art of Living Retreat Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK