“Very nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boone
Art of Living Retreat Center
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I came up for the afternoon for a few services on a solo trip. It started with a meditation, and the teacher gave a nice overview of the many benefits and different purposes that it brings. I then had a deep tissue massage that was very nice! The meditation was free but the massage was a little pricey-$95 for 55 minutes. If I hadn't been on a trip I wouldn't dream of paying that much. However I did get to wait in the tea room, I was the only one in there and it was peaceful and quiet. I did not try the tea but there was no charge for that. The views were incredible however it was rainy and foggy that day so I didn't get to have the full experience. It was something nice and fun to try.

Room Tip: Not sure as I didn't stay there
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Nicole K
Andrew K, Public Relations Manager at Art of Living Retreat Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Hi Nicole, glad you enjoyed your trip. I hope to see you again next time you are in the Carolinas.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Let me start by saying I knew nothing about AOL prior to finding it on Google during a search for a weekend retreat. And I would not have gone if not for all the great reviews on Trip Advisor. So THANK YOU TA and all my fellow reviewing brethren... You were all sooooo right!

The amenities and staff were beyond wonderful as was the delicious, healthy, vegan meals. The rooms were clean and has the most sublime views of the Blueridge Mountains.

As for the Happiness retreat itself... Words cannot describe it. Literally. I arrived with 25 strangers and left with a deep love of each one of them in their own unique and special way. I was moved to tears, I laughed, I smiled, I worked, I relaxed more deeply than I thought humanly possible. If you are here reading this, then run (don't walk) to the program nearest you and let the next beautiful chapter of your life begin.

Stayed: December 2015
8  Thank FullPack
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

What an awe-inspiring place! Beautiful scenery, retreat awesome, spa was phenomenal. All staff were extremely friendly and went above and beyond to assist in any way possible. Food was delicious!! Our retreat leader Shakeel was extraordinary, Medha in the spa remarkable, and Jordan, Heather, Kristin and Katie the perfect example of what true customer service should look like! I left relaxed and rejuvenated and will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
7  Thank Kimberlee79
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I was here for a photography convention with my daughter. Hotel style room was lovely. Big picture window looking out to the woods. Comfy beds and plenty of room, amazing amount of closet space. Hot water for tea, coffee, fresh fruit right at the entrance to our building, very nice touch. We were able to walk to the dining hall and all the workshops and lectures very easily. It rained the whole time we were there 4 days, but we still had a great time. The food at the dining hall was disappointing. In fairness we are not vegetarians and the menu didn't have many choices. A couple of mixed foods each meal and a salad with two topping choices (nuts and cranberries) and only two dressing choices (Vinaigrette and Blue Cheese) I would have loved to see more of a salad bar, tomatoes, cucumbers anyone? Maybe a potato bar? More things that you could customize.

Room Tip: They have two types of rooms hotel and spa, check out the pictures on their site.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Tara F
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

What an amazing property! Too much to cover! We stayed for a weekend at the spa section. Amazing private beautiful mountain views from our window. Hiking trails, lots of quiet and solitude plus a super friendly and accommodating staff. We included meals in our package, all vegetarian with ample gluten free choices and buffet style. Varied specialty tea options everywhere. Participated in meditation sessions and more. We have not had any spa treatments or pottery classes.... Maybe next time. Do arrive in the daylight as it's hard to navigate the winding roads at night.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reedprev
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
8.8 km away
8.7 km away
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 18 in Boone

Been to Art of Living Retreat Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK