All reviews starbucks coffee fire pit front desk newer hotel walk in shower hotel is clean stayed here for one night king bed breakfast sandwich hot tub complimentary breakfast college town appalachian state grandfather mountain blowing rock would stay here again room was spacious
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Nice Courtyard, clean rooms, good location - close to AppState. Everything you would expect at a Marriott Courtyard property. Best affordable hotel in Boone. Good restaurants right around the corner, Casa Rustica, Daniel Boone Inn, Peppers Cafe.

**My only issue was our room was on the back side & the garbage truck came extremely early & woke our family up - we were in town for the 4th of July holiday & were hoping to sleep in. Ask for a front room!

Room tip: Ask for a front room...to avoid noisy garbage trucks early in the morning!
Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank parispls
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I love any Marriott hotel. You typically find well-trained managers and friendly, hard-working staff. Such is the Courtyard Boone. Check-In was flawless. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean. (I look hard for hair, trust me!) Breakfast was fairly priced and delicious. The kids enjoyed the small swimming pool and we loved the fire pit. All of the things I consider when paying the rate we paid made it so that we felt we got something for our money, and that is "quality." We will certainly be back to this Courtyard when visiting the mountains again. The convenience, service, and quality are well worth it.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Close to Blue Ridge Pkwy, easy to get to, convenient to nearby restaurants. The bathroom in our double queen room did not have a separate vanity area so only one person could use bathroom/shower/vanity at a time. The pool was small and indoors. The outside sitting area in the back was very nice. The wine/beer shop next door has an extensive selection and an outdoor seating area. There was also a food truck in the parking lot the night we were there which seemed to be very popular.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Hotel is new and very close to the University and activities in Boone. The rooms was very spacious. I loved the balcony off the room to get some fresh air. Great to sit out there. The food area was nice and great for a quick but hot breakfast. Very close to university so we were able to get to our tour easily and to downtown Boone. The back area looked very nice but we did not use this area. Would recommend if traveling to Boone area.

Room tip: We overlooked the road but was quiet and loved the balcony
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My parents and I brought my 2 nephews (5 people total) to Tweetsie and we were planning on staying the night. This hotel was the only one we could find online that would allow 5 people to a room. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and the facility is very modern and clean. We got to our room to discover that there were only two beds, no couch or anything for a 5th person to sleep. We called to ask for a rollaway bed but they were out. We had to sleep with 3 people to a bed which is very uncomfortable with small children who squirm and kick. There were bottles of Fiji water that said they would charge $5 to your account if consumed. I feel like they could provide cheaper water and not charge for the bottles if consumed. There was coffee in the room to fix but only two packets of creamer and sugar packets so enough for two people. We had to ration out the creamer between 3 people. No complimentary breakfast which is kind of sad because we paid almost $250 for ONE NIGHT. Complimentary water and breakfast should most definitely be included at that price. The pool was small so if there were more than just the 5 of us in there it would have been crowded. There was a very nice outdoor area with a fire pit. Overall I was very disappointed in our stay because you basically are paying for the modern updated amenities. We will definitely shop around more for our next trip here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LAR201
BooneCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Boone, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott for your recent visit to Tweetsie! As we pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional experience for all of our guests, I am sorry to hear that we have fallen short of this goal during your stay. I understand that you were disappointed with the value of the room, considering complimentary breakfast and water is not included. I did want to ensure you that our rates are much lower during the week. We also provide the option to add a stay-for-breakfast package to your rate for just a few more dollars that would enable your party to enjoy a high quality, made-to-order breakfast from our Bistro. We also offer a wide selection of products in our market that is available 24 hours, including lower priced waters. Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard, and we truly look forward to having another opportunity to serve you as our guest again soon!