All reviews indoor pool nice game room the breakfast area waffles room was clean stone fireplace pool table hotel lobby choice hotels free breakfast pull out couch king suite grandfather mountain sitting area staff was very friendly blowing rock stay there again
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Absolutely great hotel to work with! I am planning a Blowing Rock Destination Wedding for my son and future daughter-n-law. We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions in the past and decided we wanted to have our bridal party stay there due to the exceptional cleanliness and customer service we have experienced in the past. I have been working with Adriona Hurley to coordinate our guest rooms and minor preparation details. She has been so fun, and easy to work with! I would highly recommend this hotel not only for fun weekend getaways (Tweetsie, Ghost Train, ASU games, Outlet Shopping) but also for coordinating and hosting groups! Bonus: GREAT fireplace in lobby!

Date of stay: October 2015
Stacey E, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Thank you! We're thrilled that you have chosen the Comfort Suites for such a special occasion. We look forward to hosting the entire wedding party, we'll make sure they enjoy their stay!

Reviewed 14 March 2016

My husband and I, as well as my parents, stayed at this hotel last weekend. We just wanted a quick getaway with an inexpensive hotel and this hotel seemed to fit the bill. The hotel itself was nice and clean and the decor was how you would expect a mountain hotel to look (large stone fireplace, deer antler chandeliers, wooden stair rails, etc.) They have a heated, indoor pool (which we didn't use), a small business center and snack bar, as well as complimentary breakfast. Our rooms were on the ground floor and they were both very nice, each with a really large jacuzzi tub, king beds and HDTVs (with cable!).

Our biggest complaint about the hotel was their handling of noisy guests. We were unlucky enough to choose a weekend that at least one, possibly two, youth groups were also staying in the hotel. Based on the behavior of the group(s), I'm not sure they had any chaperones at all. They spent both nights running up and down the halls (both on our floor and the floor above us), knocking on doors, stomping and yelling, well after 9:00-10:00 PM (general courtesy hours). My dad reported them the first night, but he doesn't think Management did anything except talk to the kids sitting near the front desk on the computer - not the same kids running around in the hotel. Needless to say, the noise did not stop and none of us slept. The second night, my husband reported the noise again and this time, Management did seem to speak to the guests. He could actually hear either a hotel employee or one of the actual chaperones telling the various rooms of kids that they needed to be quiet. The noise level did go down at that point, but not entirely - we did sleep better though.

On a side note, I noticed that the hotel did not have sufficient lighting on the end of the hotel opposite the front desk. I'm not sure if the bulbs were burned out or if there just wasn't any lighting at all, but we came back after dark both nights and there wasn't enough lighting to feel safe walking from our vehicles. They really need more lights in the parking lot and possibly some up-lighting on the building to make it more visible at night and less gloomy looking.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Our family stayed here during a ski trip to Appalachian and Sugar. We were surprised by how awesome this hotel was. Very clean. Great and comfortable room. Kids loved the pool. Super nice staff. Great location. And the best free continental breakfast ever!

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Staying here as a business traveler, they make me feel right at home, greeting me by name. The in-room jacuzzi is a treat. Furniture has been updated and is clean. There is room in the room to do yoga.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kelly C, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Thanks so much for your kind words. We'll be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

We had a room with 2 qu. beds, and a pull-out sofa. The room was generously-sized, which is really nice when traveling with 2 teenagers! The breakfast was "meh," but we're not picky people. The only hot items were scrambled eggs, bacon, and the waffle maker. Everyone found something to eat, though. There were a bunch of little kids dominating the pool, so we didn't even attempt that. The arcade room with a pool table was a good way to get out of the room, we found. We just needed a place to crash before snowboarding in the morning, so it served its purpose. I'd stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2016