“Such an EXCELLENT get-away!”

Village Inn of Blowing Rock
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Blowing Rock
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“Such an EXCELLENT get-away!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We made reservations at Village Inns because they had a special offer. We will go back because they made us feel so special.

Due to an our kids having an auto-immune disorder, we have to prepare all of our food, as opposed to eating out. I let the staff know our needs, and they set us up with a great suite with a full kitchen. Every detail was appointed. There was even an en-suite sauna, for heaven's sakes! There was a full, huge deck, with a great view. The kids' room had built in bunks and they loved having their own space, like a club house. The beds and furniture were very comfortable.

It is a terrific location. So close to the park, shopping and restaurants. Easy drive to local attractions, and fun things for the family to do.

The best part, though, was this FABULOUS room! Lots of space. Oh, and the second best thing was the very friendly staff!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wauhonhasee Suite. AWESOME!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank momoflala9901
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Camden, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We had an excellent stay at The Village Inn. The staff was courteous and well informed, the room was cozy (a bit tight) but we were in the area to ski not sit in a room. We had a nice little deck off the back with a hot tub, which came in handy after a day on the slopes. It was an easy walk to the town center for dinner. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a room with a deck and hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We only stayed there for one night on the way from Asheville, NC to Virginia. It was very suitable for the one night we were there. They had a nice happy hour with some drinks available and a decent breakfast. I would say that if you are traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway and want a place to stay, consider The Village Inn. I would suggest avoiding seeing "The Blowing Rock" attraction.......it is not worth paying the money to see a few rocks. The downtown area looked inviting and we had a decent meal at a local restaurant that was very busy. I believe it was The Six Pence Restaurant and I had the fish and chips.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yellowstone1
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. I came by myself with my dog (Inn is pet-friendly) over Christmas and loved it! The atmosphere is so cozy, hardwood floors, stone accents, equine decor in the rooms. Bathroom had beautiful tile and granite.. very classy. And the bed was so comfy! Also a back deck with a large grassy area for your dog. The lounge is wood and stone decor with a huge stone fireplace. I just wish they would have taken advantage of it by lighting the fire! That was a disappointment. They offer a wine and cheese hour at 5pm. They decorated for Christmas with a beautiful tree by the fireplace. The only suggestion I have is to lower the lighting to make it more cozy during the cocktail hour. The overhead lights were on full blast.. couldn't even see the lights on the beautiful tree. Plus they should have had Christmas music playing, not Friends reruns on the large tv. The staff was very friendly and I would definitely stay here again in the future. Hopefully they will take my suggestions for a warmer ambience in the lounge.

Room Tip: I was in room #115 which had the outdoor patio opened up to the grassy area. Good location.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank EC3
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The tiny room was overpriced (approx. $200/night) and was only saved by our outdoor hot tub. We did not get any housekeeping during our stay for the two nights we were there. They said they were short staffed and needed to attend to the new check in firsts. The room also needed maintenance, some paint touch-ups on the walls etc. The wine and cheese in the evening was poor -- undrinkable sweet red wine and stale crackers. Breakfast equally unappealing. Weak coffee and a selection of white bread products. I was also emailed by the manager when we made the reservation; she asked if we were coming for a special event and if there was anything they could do. I replied, yes, in fact it was for a special birthday weekend. She never replied nor did we notice any special attention given to us...so why bother to ask? If we come back to Blowing Rock, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple