“We have stayed in all 3 of his rentals as before...”
other travellers have booked this property
Private 6 Person HOT TUB on 16x40\' Deck Looking 1/4 Mile Up River Dec has 3 Ceiling Fans
Inside eating Table & Chair's for 4, Outside table also seat's 4 Round glass top Has pocket doors to bedroom & bathroom, for privacy *NO Pets
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Has pocket doors to bedroom & bathroom, for privacy *NO Pets
Kitchen area
Fire place & Human Touch Massage Chair  Back, Legs & Feet GREAT
New Human Touch Massage Chair, 20 Min Hot Tub & 20 Min.  Massage is GREAT!!
Granite counter tops, Kitchen area, Weber stainless grill on the back deck
38in HD Flat Screen, Direct TV, DVD Player & NFL Sunday Ticket for Football
Queen Bed, Pillow Top Matterss, Closet to right
Bedroom, Deck just outside the 2 windows to left
Bathroom from Bedroom with pocket door's on right for privacy from Living room
Bathroom
Modern Old Time Bathroom fixtures & Towel closet & Hair Dryer
Modern Old water pump fixtures for Bathroom , Towel closet & Hair dryer below
Looking through Pocket Door
Steps going down to 16ftX 40ft. Coverd Deck River & HOT TUB 10ft above River
Sliding glass doors off deck to go inside,Blinds in sliding glass doors
All Stainless Weber grill hooked to 80 gal. propane tank Outside eating for 4 seating for 12
1Br.Hot Tub lid has power assist on lid & Lock on shock so will not blow over on you
From 1Br deck View off rear deck looking up stream
From 1Br. deck Boulders stopped here in the 1996 Flood
What are you ooking for in get away?
Convicts clearing the road got from library Back in the Early 1900s
Have 2Br Master Suites. Sleeps 6 Hot Tub in (Bat Cave NC.) on river Also
Upstairs Master Suite with deck Will have Hot Tub covered soon
3 Level deck only 7ft above White Water
Also a 2Br. 2 1/2 Bath Master suites in Bat Cave NC. W/Private Hot Tub* Taken before Hot Tub
2Br. sleeps 6 & Pet friendly *Taken before Hot Tub
2Br. Livingroom
2Br. Kitchen Table and Chairs for 6 in diningroom
Have a 3Br.2Bath on river in (Bat Cave NC.) W/Private Hot Tub Before Awning added
3Br, Now has a 4 in. insulated Awning on Deck, Blocks Heat, Rain & Snow Load
3Br Kitchen
3Br Livingroom Also Massage Chair
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 43 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“We have stayed in all 3 of his rentals as before excellent 5 Stars again !!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

We have stayed in the 3 & 2,Br. and now the 1Br. ( Bat Cave River Cottages in Bat Cave NC) ( We contact them direct) as always it is the BEST accommodations, Clean, well equipped and have seen the Mink again off the rear deck again. The bed is comfy and the white water sound will put you to sleep, After being in the Hot Tub & Massage Chair.
You will be so refreshed to go again, But don't think the Hot Tub is just for night Enjoy your coffee in the mornings and the Ducks below the deck in the mornings as suggested by the owner Bruce & Marion are the best. We always try to stay at Owner Operated Rentals.

26 Sep 2017
Ray and his family have stayed in our Vacation Rentals a lot in Bat Cave NC over the 8 years in the 2Br. & 3Br. and now the 1Br. for just a quick getaway. So glad they got to see the Mink a few times I was told.
It is always a pleasure to see them enjoy the river, Hot Tub, and Massage Chair. They also went out and bought a $8.00 bag of corn so the could feed the Mallard Ducks that come up begging for food. Morning & Night. Thank You! for the great review I know we will see you again.
Bruce & Marion Owner Operated Bat Cave River Cottages in Bat Cave NC
Laura D
Chimney Rock, North Carolina
“Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

I recently needed a break from the city life and this was certainly the slice I was needing! Very clean, comfortable and well appointed as described. Overall the reviews are wonderful with one exception. We did not find any of these problems. The deck, hot tub and massage chair are the perfect way to work out any aches and pains you may have. The sound of the river will lull you to sleep. We got lucky fishing below the deck and fresh mountain on the grill for dinner! Highly recommend staying here! We'll see you in the Fall!

13 Jun 2017
Thank you for your good review. It means we are doing something right.
Bruce Owner Operated Only a phone call away and 1-Mile away.
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Jan 2017
1st please read my other reviews.( AT LEAST SHE LIKED THE DECK, HOT TUB & VIEW ) She paid $155.00 per night for 5-nights + tax? My instructions ask for you to let me know a few days in advance Approx Just a guess? on arrival time, Never got that? I am not a big stickler about having to check in before taking possession of property. They did not call when they arrived because SHE SAID SHE HAD NO CELL COVERAGE? But had cell coverage the next morning SHE SAID? It has a PELLA SLIDING GLASS DOOR, WITH BLINDS BETWEEN THE GLASS! May not have felt safe if you are from Miami FL. Bat Cave has 300 people in a 6 mile radius.They had spent the night and wanted me to come over because (she had a BAD knee) & did not like the steps going down to the deck. My directions even say from lock box TURN AROUND & take steps down to deck ! SHE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SHEETS OR TOWELS? HE WAS TAKING A SHOWER WHILE I WAS TALKING TO HER. My girl uses dryer sheet's in every wash! She wanted to find some place else to stay, Said I didn't say there are steps going down to deck.( I WENT BACK & LOOKED AT FLIPKEY DESCRIPTION & SAID LOOK AT PICTURE # 17 OF 35 SAY'S STEPS GOING DOWN TO DECK ON THE CAPTION. IT DOES NOT SAY HANDICAPPE ACCESSIBLE. I told her I would give refund when I rented it. My girl would be there to clean at 10:30am. I had someone that called & wanted to rent it the next day for all there other days. I called my cleaning girl she said the car was gone. I ran over there only a mile away. There were MY TOWELS on the back deck and their stuff was still there. It had not been cleaned could not rent it out! Same thing the next day had someone that wanted to rent & they were still there. Sorry they had a bad experience, I tried to accommodate them, But they never moved out so I could rent to someone else. Sorry she felt she had a bad experience. ( That's the truth and I am sticking to it!) Owner Operated Marion & Bruce
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ohio”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband and I spent a week here. Wonderful cabin with beautiful view of river and mountains. So relaxing with the hot tub and massage chair. Air conditioner was not working properly but Bruce was quick to arrange needed repairs. Only thing I missed was a bath tub instead of shower and our numbers bed. Would definitely love to stay here again in the future. Enjoyed exploring chimney rock and lure lake. Thanks again Bruce. We had an amazing time

1 Aug 2016
My A/C unit is only 8 Years old but has been in the mid 90s here and a hot day & hiking you will get hot, My A/C guys maintain 4 different units for me. Even I was surprised they were there and working in 1 Hr.* THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN LOCAL OWNER OPERATED RENTALS!
Being from Ohio and here in July can be a difference, Glad to have a nice breeze coming off the river spring water on the back deck. Thanks for the great review and leaving it so clean.
Bruce & Marion
Beverlyro...
Chester, South Carolina
“Magnificent rental and owners!”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

This rental was perfection. We went for 6 nights/7 days and I think we could have stayed forever. The location is superb and the sound and sight of the Rocky Creek River outside the door was mesmerizing . On Christmas morning, we saw a buck riding the creek down to the "pool" where he could get out easily and safely. It was a sight you had to shake your head at, to make sure you were actually seeing it! We saw mink, kayakers and fly fishermen ( amazing). Bat Cave is unique, relaxing and more wonderful because of our "hosts" Bruce and Marion. Drinks on the deck with them Christmas Eve filled us with joy...and we heard marvelous stories from years gone by. Chimney Rock is mere minutes away. Lake Lure just minutes past there ( where Dirty Dancing was filmed). If you want a couples getaway? Batcaverivercottages.com is the place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Oh, that sound of the river........
Liked least: Hmmmmm....that we had to leave?
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Jan 2016
Glad they got to see the Deer floating down the river to find a pool of water to get out it is a little to fast right behind at the fork of the rivers to get out. Saw the mink also!
Thanks for the great review. Bruce & Marion Owner's. (Owner Operated there is a difference.)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing