“Left Hungry”

Tokyo Express
Ranked #34 of 54 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Japanese, Vietnamese
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Unfortunately, I have to give this restaurant a rather poor review, not due to the service but to the quality of the food. It just was not tasty nor fresh. My two teenage sons came away with the same feelings, and we had a rather large sampling of the food as we were all starving. I really cannot recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

We were here twice and had a chance to taste both the basic lunch menu as well as the higher-end meals. We were highly satisfied with the food and liked the service as well as the location.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Great owner and friendly staff, they primarily serve Vietnamese food .Better then good food. Very pleased.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

About twenty minutes after eating my takeaway, my face became flush and had a headache. These symptoms are consistent with MSG.

The food was decent; I would have been inclined toward three or even four dots on its own.

2  Thank John D
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My and my significant other LOVE Pho. We've eaten at a couple of Vietnamese restaurants and this was one of the best I ever had. A lot of restaurants will skimp on meat and noodles but this had plenty of both. The flavor was just right. I loved the prices of everything.

I can't comment on any other food my friends had but they got the Pho right. Service was a little slow but no problem for us, we had time. It was also pretty cold. It sucked freezing your toes while eating inside.