“One of the better asian restaurants in the US”
Review of Tokyo Express

Tokyo Express
Ranked #33 of 53 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Japanese, Vietnamese
Reviewed 16 February 2016

We were here twice and had a chance to taste both the basic lunch menu as well as the higher-end meals. We were highly satisfied with the food and liked the service as well as the location.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Great owner and friendly staff, they primarily serve Vietnamese food .Better then good food. Very pleased.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 3 August 2014

About twenty minutes after eating my takeaway, my face became flush and had a headache. These symptoms are consistent with MSG.

The food was decent; I would have been inclined toward three or even four dots on its own.

Date of visit: August 2014
2  Thank John D
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My and my significant other LOVE Pho. We've eaten at a couple of Vietnamese restaurants and this was one of the best I ever had. A lot of restaurants will skimp on meat and noodles but this had plenty of both. The flavor was just right. I loved the prices of everything.

I can't comment on any other food my friends had but they got the Pho right. Service was a little slow but no problem for us, we had time. It was also pretty cold. It sucked freezing your toes while eating inside.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I love their food, especially the Vietnamese selections. It's a small family restaurant and they are sometimes shorthanded, so I would say go somewhere else if you're in a hurry. However, the food is always excellent and a good value. There's a reason they've been there for a decade!

Date of visit: December 2013