“Great addition to Banner Elk”
Review of Banner Elk Cafe

Banner Elk Cafe
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

One-time quaint café and restaurant, there has now been an expansive-but-cozy tavern added, complete with an aprés ski atmosphere of couches, fireplaces and natural wood highlights by local craftsperson "Rustik." Super atmosphere, and a huge positive for the Banner Elk downtown community.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We ate here before leaving town. We dated on the patio. We had a new waitress. Knowledgeable and friendly lady. The food was good. We would go back again.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

When I originally lived in town I would always get a veggie burger which was always great but this time while I was visiting I tried the burger and it was excellent! In the short visit we went back there a couple of times since the food was so good! A great spot for casual eating in Banner Elk, NC.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Lunch here was okay - we waited about 15 minutes for a table. I had the grilled trout which was tasty but did not seem to be extremely fresh. It is certainly an option for a suitable restaurant in Banner Elk. Our friends both ordered hamburgers but stated that there was little flavor or seasoning. My husband had the catfish filet which he said was "okay." The young lady serving, Stella, was very nice and attentive. Kept our glasses filled as needed. There were many yellow bee insects flying around the food and table.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

I used to work for Schwan's a few years ago, and would stop in here for lunch! It was ALL very good, but one thing stuck in my mind......They had a seasonal Trout with cream cheese and strawberry puree' on the top of it! It also had toasted Macadamia nuts on it! The best way I have ever eaten Mountain Trout in my life! (and I have eaten more than my fair share!) Thanks to all of those working at Banner Elk Cafe'! Oh! And ANY of the cakes for dessert! They are Excellent!

Date of visit: November 2017