“High Mountain Expeditions are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!”

High Mountain Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to High Mountain Expeditions. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, with two locations to serve you in Boone and Banner Elk, North Carolina. High Mountain Expeditions offers outdoor activities, such as whitewater rafting, caving, and hiking for every member of your group or family.The team at High Mountain Expeditions invites you to join us in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on one of our many outdoor adventures.
A TripAdvisor Member
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Our family went white water rafting on the Watauga River . It was GREAT!!!!!! All the guides were GREAT!!!!! Bill was our guide, very helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend High Mountain Expeditions if you are visiting the High Country. They said the water was refreshing, refreshing, heck the water was 58 degrees. Had an awesome time.

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 8 reviews
"change of clothes"

Reviewed 3 July 2010

While visiting the high country of North Carolina my family who has never been white water rafting before decided to take a trip down the Watauga River with High Mountain Expeditions. And I have to say we all absolutely had a blast. The guides were wonderful walking us through all the necessary safety procedures and most of all making us feel comfortable and welcome through out the day. Since we have returned home our kids have not stop talking about the rafting trip. I recommend High Mountain to any family that is looking to have a truly unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

We had such a great time rafting the Watauga river with High Mountain. Our guide, Chris was awesome and very knowledgeable. The food on the trip was amazing (Deli Sandwiches, grilled chicken, burgers (regular and veggie), dogs, tortellini salad, humus, veggies, homemade chocolate chip cookies, etc) and we had such a great time rafting and floating the river. My group and I stayed in a tent cabin and we loved it! We brought extra blankets and our own pillows from home but didn't really need them. I did bring a battery operated fan and this proved to be a very good investment and would def recommend one of these to any tent or tent cabin camper. The community bathroom facilities are a bit "sketchy" but I feel this is to be expected of a camping like situation and I was simply glad to have hot water! I highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a fun and exciting "stay-cation" getaway!

Reviewed 8 March 2010

I would highly recommend using High Mountain Expeditions if you are thinking of taking a rafting trip. We took our 8 year old on the Watauga River trip, and Maggie was our guide. She has over 13 years experience, and while she ran things with a firm hand, for our own safety, she has a great, LIVELY personality and sense of humor, telling us stories about the river, and the different whitewater areas. The other guides there were also very helpful and very funny. They will take a video and photos of your trip if you'd like to purchase separately, which we did.

Safe, friendly, and experienced. Their prices were right about at where the others were, and I think actually a little bit less. Remember you don't want to go with someone too inexpensive, either.