“Very nice hotel - pleasantly surprised!”

Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Connecticut
“Very nice hotel - pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

For the past 4 years that my daughter has gone to school in NY, we have stayed at the Residence Inn at New Rochelle. When I unexpectedly needed a room and couldn't get into the New Rochelle property, I booked a night at the Residence Inn in Yonkers. I wish I had discovered it years ago! The property is very easy to access off of the highway, parking is a breeze, and everything looks brand new. The breakfast area is clean and inviting. I had a King Studio which was perfect for the night. The room was well laid out and the bathroom counter top has plenty of space. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cab1118
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Northeast
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in a few Residence Inns lately, and have been pleasantly surprised each time. So much so, that I am starting to turn to them over the "regular" Marriott chains. The Yonkers location aimed to please. From the wonderful staff who made check-in a breeze, to the putting green and fire pit outdoors, the complimentary breakfast, larger-than-your-average-hotel TV, kitchen and dining area in the suite, to the fitness area ... This hotel is a great stop-over choice for us and for an extra fee, we were even able to have our dog stay with us. My only real issue with the Inn was the noise of the AC unit ... which sounded like a space ship had landed in the room. This would have warranted a complaint as it was extremely disconcerting, but as it was late at night when we arrived, and the room temperature was pleasant, we shut off the unit and the noise immediately ceased. All in all though, it was a great hotel and in a perfect location to break up our long drive. I would not hesitate to make another reservation again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed two nights. Easy check in, very friendly staff. Large rooms, very clean. Parking lot could use some extra space, hard to find a close spot at any time of the day.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Rockville
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed in this Resident Inn for one night on a business trip. The room was really good and very comfortable. The bed is excellent and the layout of the room spacious and comfortable. Nice bath with a lot of counter space around the sink, a great gab bar to help get in and out of the bath, and decent (though not great) towels. I liked the sitting area in the room with a comfortable chair and a sofa. There is a good desk and adjustable desk chair for work. A small but efficient kitchen area had a real coffee maker and plenty of coffee provided. The hotel offers a free breakfast but I had to leave too early to try it, but the manager was gracious enough to let me take a bit of of the food that had already been put out. I would definitely return again if I'm in the area, or use other Resident Inn's.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Albany, NY
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have the occasion to travel on business to the adjacent business park, so am thrilled there is such a nice place to stay so close. I recently stayed through 3 consecutive weeks, traveling home on the weekends, so got a good taste of the check-in, check-out process, as well as tons of exposure to this hotel and its' attributes.

The check-in process is painless. I am in the Marriott Rewards program, so they already have tons of information about my room preferences. I have never spent more than a minute or two at the front desk before heading on my way up to my room.

The rooms are very nice--identical, down to the artwork, I've found, in the three different rooms I've stayed in there so far--but that's a benefit. They are nicely appointed, with a king bed, pull out bed in the sofa (very uncomfortable sofa to sit on), reclining chair, good-sized, flat screen TV, generous closet and drawer space, and nicely appointed kitchenette, with full sized fridge, stovetop, microwave, and an adequate selection of pots/pans/bowls/dishes/silverware/etc. They supply coffee and microwave popcorn as well, which is nice. There is a desk area as well.

I have a little trouble with the internet...wireless sometimes took some finessing to connect (you have to agree to terms, etc, on a page, and sometimes the signal would be lost before that process was complete), but other than that, once up and running, the connection was strong and reliable.

The hotel offers breakfast every morning, and dinner most weeknights, I think. This dinner is catered by the wonderful gentleman who runs the excellent Take Away Cafe, a little lunch place in the building I work in, so has historically been of delicious quality. There's even a cookout one night a week. The breakfast is standard for Residence Inns--make your own waffles, eggs, breakfast burritos, yogurt, cereals, etc...but between these two meal benefits, you can save tons of $$ by not having to go out to eat. There are some close eating options within walking distance if you miss the weeknight meal--an Applebee's across the street, and a short walk to a fantastic Italian restaurant (Giulia's?) a bit beyond that, a Dunkin' Donuts in the same plaza as the Italian place--other than that, you might have to get delivery or have the hotel van drop you off and pick you up from nearby places if you don't have a car.

Other than that, there's a nice pool and work out room, a basketball hoop and a little putting green outside, so you can amuse yourself. The hotel is pet friendly, so one week I brought my dogs. The only deficit to this was that I had to clean my own room! There is a nice area on the hotel grounds to walk the dogs, and the ability to leave the grounds and walk into neighborhoods, but the sidewalks are spotty in places, you have to keep crossing the street to stay on them. Beautiful, interesting places to walk, though, and not far from the Hudson River, which was fun to see.

All in all, I'm happy there is such a nice place so close to where I work--makes work travel much more tolerable!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dawn3g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
0.3 km away
8.7 km away
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
10.8 km away
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK