“VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Tigard, Oregon
“VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here for four nights while visiting relatives. We liked the fact that the hotel was out of the way, but easy access for the highway. Staff was very friendly, particularly the breakfast staff who always greeted you with a smile. No complaints with the room and had a very good experience. In my mind, the staff can make or break you stay, and in this case, they were very good,

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel is located a little out of town on an industrial park, but do not be put off. The greeting was warm and friendly and the room large and clean. THe service was great with friendly staff always helpful at the breakfast buffet, the food varies daily and is a mix of hot and cold and of good quality. We even had time to use the pool which is on the small side but sufficient to do some exercise.
Good shuttle bus to the station to get into NY, highly recommended.

Room Tip: NIce quiet location near NY City
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had to stay at a hotel for over a month due to repairs being done in my apartment and I am so glad that I chose the Hampton Inn in Yonkers to be at. I am a single woman and I was nervous that I would feel paranoid staying by myself at a hotel, but I have to say that at no time was I ever uncomfortable being there. The people who work there are very friendly, helpful and happy, the free breakfast was a pleasure and the room was always clean. I am usually very hard on hotels and they rarely live up to my expectations but this hotel actually exceeded them. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Yonkers.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have been home a week and I still can't come to grips with writing something good or bad. I stayed during the middle of the week, June 20-June24. The front desk people are really top notch and what I consider, makes the hotel what it is. The sink stopper was never fixed though I asked more than once.
Eating breakfast late is not a great idea as a sledge hammer couldn't have gotten through the french bread sticks! To much spray on the waffle maker, seems you are eating your daily dose of chemicals. I did find the bagel to be edible, so if you want to eat, get up early and get it right out of the kitchen! The kitchen staff was helpful as well.
If you like hard pillows, bring your own. Two were to soft and three, my head was upstairs in the suite above me!! The bed was ok, but have had better nights in other hotels. Towels were clean and soft..a plus! Room was always clean,
Now to the sink. If you are short, and I am 5'1", which isn't that short, my bust couldn't get over the formica to get toothpaste out of my mouth and into the sink. I was on my toes. Seriously now, everyone isn't 5'5" and above. Who thought this was a good idea, must have been a giant!
Dog friendly hotel and there were lots of dogs and they were all cute and happy. They probably ate my leftover french toast sticks!
People that have written about this hotel say it is in an office park, but when I got there and went outside I thought it was a used car dealership, with the water tower of YONKERS,NY right above the office park!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Rubywitch1
Hudson Valley
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I stayed here for a few days on a business trip recently. Check in was fast and friendly. The lobby is very noce, in great shape and clean. There is a reasonably karge breakfast and seating area. There is also a small hotel bar off the lobby.

I had a king room. It was very roomy, with a good work table, good internet speed (complimentary.. wired at the table or wireless). Here is my one negative for this facility. The rooms DO NOT have a mini-fridge and microwave. I found this unuusual for a modern Hampton Inn. I was able to have them bring one upon request by a friendly employee. I understand they ae only standard in the suites.

I just had coffee at the free breakfast, but t looked well stocked and pretty roomy. The other guests seemed to be enjoying the fare.

The TV was a nice size flat screen, with a large selection of channels from Comcast. I liked this because the hotels that use satellite don't have the local regional sports channels.

I will be staying here again, but calling in advance to arrange the microwave and fridge since I am a solo traveler and would hate to monoploize a suite where a small family could use it.

the hotel is pretty easy to find, nit too far from several major roads as I87 and the Saw Mill River Pkwy. It is not surrounded by restaurants, but I am sure the staff can recommend some nearby.

Room Tip: Request a microwave and fridge
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
3.1 km away
8.9 km away
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
11.0 km away
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK