“Tons of improvements”

Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Wilson
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 28
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We usually have a few meals here when traveling Lake Ontario by boat. In the past, the Restaurant and Inn were getting tired, but the food kept calling us back. We have been hearing the great stories about it since it reopened this year.

Lots of improvements and a great modernization of the bar area. Great to see the patio remains untouched.

The new menu offers pretty well anything that a diner would want and at decent prices. They now offer daily specials that all look great to me. Tonight was wing night or meatloaf. The wings were good (10 for $6) and filling.

The servers are all young and pretty enthusiastic - nice to see for a change.

If you are in the area, stop by for a terrific meal and have it on the patio.

Carol H, Public Relations Manager at Wilson House Restaurant and Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for your kind review. It is great that you made your way to us by boat and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Have had lunch there a few times and it seems the new owners are trying to get the menu better but food is inconsistent. Not a great selection of food. Service is excellent and staff are accommodating but it will take time to get things right.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

The remodel and restoration of this beautiful building is great. The food was very good. Service was a little slow. I think they were surprised at the Fourth of July crowd. But we will be back

Carol H, Guest Relations Manager at Wilson House Restaurant and Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for your review Karen. Actually we were surprised by the 4th of July crowd and apologize for any delays you experienced. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here for the 1st time since the restaurant changed hands. We were only there a couple of times before and that was years ago. I ordered the filet and myhusband the scallops. I have to say I’ve had better. My mashed potatoes and vegetables were good but not out of the ordinary. My steak was cooked the way I wanted but not a lot of flavor-and, not all that tender for a filet.My husband liked his scallops but not the sand he was also chewing. The waitress didn’t even ask if we wanted dessert and as the menu was so limited I wondered if they even offered it! Drinks were good. I don’t think we’ll go back though. Disappointing.

Wilson H, Manager at Wilson House Restaurant and Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We are sorry that your meal did not meet your expectations and will take all comments under advisement. We actually just released our new menu yesterday, which can be found on our website at www.wilsonhouserestaurantandinn.com. We hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

service was slow. Food average. We were seated on porch which was lovely because it was a warm day,They have done an amazimg job of remodeling this historic inn