“The Perfect Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 3 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Jersey City, New Jersey
“The Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Just came back from a weekend at Whiteface Mountain. It was one of the best ski trips that I've ever had. I went with group of 7. We stayed at the Inn at Whiteface. And let me just tell all of you reading these reviews, just ignore the negative reviews below. They have no idea what they are talking about. The lady that runs the Inn, is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, and she will accommodate you in every way possible to make you feel like you are home. She made all of us breakfast in the morning, and even gave us some of her own beers when we were ran out while watching the Super Bowl, so that we didn't have to go out during the game. Now that's service for you! But back to the Inn, the rooms were cozy and we were able to sleep seven of us pretty comfortably in only two rooms. And the rooms were very clean as well. In terms of location, you can't get any better than the Inn. You can see the mountain from the Inn, as it is only 500 yards from Whiteface. In terms of value, you certainly get your bang for your buck at the Inn. My friends and I only ended up spending about $100 per person each night, for lodging AND the lift ticket. I really enjoyed my time at The Inn at Whiteface, and would highly recommend it to all!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tok1112
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
sandy creek
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Had a family emergency and still got charge for the room we did not even use!! She was real nasty on the phone!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank smglaz
PalmBeachHoney, Owner at The Inn at Whiteface, responded to this review, 28 September 2010
I was disappointed for this guests when she reached me at check-in time to tell me her daughter was ill and she had to cancel. I immediately offered to give her a credit toward another stay. Mrs. G said she did not want the credit. That if I charged her for the room she would report me and refuse to pay. She repeatedly told me that I could not charge her. She had left a message at 3:05 PM which I had not yet received as I was in fact purchasing food specifically for this family of 5 at the time . I rushed back for check-in time also for them as everyone else was a stay over. I paid to have two rooms ready for her family since she was uncertain if she wanted one or two room. Since I was closing for a few weeks after her stay these rooms will have to be redone. This was also a saturday only reservation which is something I consider a favor since it often means the loss of a two night reservation.
When I offered her the credit, which is not required according to the inn's cancellation policy, let alone a cancellation received 1 hour before check-in , instead of a thank-you Mrs. G threatened to do as she did at trip advisor. If nasty is not agreeing to credit the deposit then I guess I was nasty. I will go out of my way to make my guests happy but not because I am threatened. In fairness , I do not know of any other place in the area that would not have charged her . I only charged her for the cheapest room less the cost of breakfast. I do not believe trip advisor should be used for the purpose she tried to use it for. She also has no right to rate a place that she did not stay at. In rating The Inn poorly out of spite, there may be families who might have stayed and had exceptional experiences but were swayed by an untrue rating. She is hurting not only me but future guests since the inn is set up for families more so then most places.
I am sorry Mrs. G had a bad experience and most importantly hope that her daughter is well.
Albany, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Planned an evening getaway with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. Was looking forward to a nice cozy place to stay after a long day of hiking Whiteface only to show up to a deserted inn with no host around or available by phone. Fortunately there was a room available at Willkommen Hof Bed & Breakfast nearby that I would recommend before taking a chance here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank acyankee
Dear Disappointed
I do not have a clue . I still have not been able to find your reservation. There was no deposit charged to your account or check received and a one night stay according to policy must be prepaid . Sometimes I do not charge the deposit immediately in case the guest decides to cancel so that I can spare them the cancellation fee. When guests do not see a charge on their account I often get calls to reconfirm they have a reservation and in this case it would have helped. I willingly take full responsibilty that it was my error. I truly feel bad and apologize if the inn was the place where you had reserved. I am glad you found Wilkommen Hof where I am certain you had a nice stay. I remember that particular night because I was marketing in Plattsburg and had a family arriving with 3 children and my brother in law was there for them. They unfortunately did not know that a small dog frequents the common area and the mother was highly allergic and they could not stay. Even though I was not aware of your reservation I do not know why he was not there unless it was before check-in time. I do not know who you are since I never received a call from you about the mix up. Please call me so that I can figure out what went wrong and make amends. So sorry to have inconvenienced you.
Ingrid
San Diego
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We stayed three nights at The Inn and what a great place to stay. So close to the ski center that made resting after an exhausting skiing day an easy reach. Right from your room you can see the snow trail at Whiteface mountain and it is a nice view to enjoy ... it's that close. The hotel feels like extension of home with great cleanliness, pleasant personality owner, and flexibility in all aspects of guest requirements such as getting fireplace started any time, tea/coffee any time, freshly cooked pancakes for breakfast etc. Very reasonable price with added value and feel of home.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank YemerebLij
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed 8 January 2010

Have stayed at the Inn at Whiteface for several years. Each time we go back, it gets better. The Inn is so cozy and warm, it feels like home. Ingrid the owner is like part of the family. Her home cooked breakfast is the BEST. The Inn is perfect for small groups or for a family reunion. For skiers, it's perfect as the Inn is located at the base of Whiteface mountain. We hate to leave every year and can't wait to go back. We are now planning to go back for the summer or fall as I heard the area is beautiful that time of year.
Trenton, New Jersey

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank johnnenagh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
4.4 km away
13.3 km away
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid

Been to The Inn at Whiteface? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK