“Authentic Thai”

IThai Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 306 Restaurants in White Plains
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 25
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I lived in Thailand and find most food in America to be Chinese food with Thai names. This place is owned and served by Thais.

I bring my business guests here and they are all amazed. Especially for a hole in the wall in the basement of an apartment building.

Eat here.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Just the two of us and in the mood for Thai though reviews seemed mixed, we gave it a go. Glad we did.
We started with the Squid Spicy Basil Soup and Soft Shell Crab Mango Salad.
The soup was good and nicely tangy but not very spicy to us. The salad was great; fresh, lots of flavor contrasts and light, crispy-fried ss crab that was very tasty. My dinner was the Crispy Duck Pineapple Curry and Drunken Noodles With Shrimp. The duck was great. Crispy and delicious, not at all fatty. I really liked it. The curry blend (served in a separate bowl) was delicious and I liked that the duck was not swimming in liquid, so it stayed beautifully crisp the whole meal. M'lady enjoyed the drunken noodles but felt they were pretty mild (she likes heat).
The Thai Iced Tea was rich, sweet and delicious. Almost a desert!
Prices are reasonable and we got a discount for paying cash.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I thought the food here was ok but nothing that made me want to come back. I had soup, a Thai Salad, Thai Sausages and an entree all were good but the order was messed up. I did get the soup first which was good but then the confusion came in. I got my salad and entree at the same time and then the sausage which was an appetizer came last. The wait staff seemed confused.
If I was going to do this again I would go to the restaurant but unfortunately I don't think I would go again but not because of the food. Sorry.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I ate here with a coworker for dinner. We started with the chicken satay for an appetizer. Nothing special. I had the chicken Thai basil with rice ordered 'very spicy'. I thought the chicken basil meal was really, really good. My only complaint was it was a bit cold when they brought it out and I wish it had been a bit more spicy. I thought the meal was pretty good overall and would happily go back. A nice and clean restaurant. Friendly enough service. Overall a good experience. I do wish that had fountain sofa, but cans are ok. The prices were affordable ($10-$15 for most meals). Soda was $1.50 a can. As I said, I would go back!

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Great food. Lunch specials that include appetizer and free soda (I skipped that) start at $9. They will alter spice to taste.