“A Great Local Deli and Supermarket on Gedney Way”
Review of Roosters Market

Roosters Market
Ranked #43 of 308 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Roosters Market reminds me of the kinds of small local neighborhood supermarkets and deli’s that have been forced out of business by much larger Corporate owned megastores! Fortunately for Roosters, they seem to be located in a neighborhood that has grown to rely on their wonderfully stocked store and their great reputation of having quality foods. The staff is always friendly and their sandwiches are fantastic! I’m always surprised by their delicious breads and tasty desserts. I only hope they can continue to thrive since there aren’t many local neighborhood places like Roosters Market!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Roosters was always a favorite of a good friend and I go there to get good meats when I grill out. These local markets are always so much more pleasant to be in then the large supermarkets.
In a way it’s like being in a small town which gives one a warm feeling.
You always get well taken care of at Roosters, and I will continue to shop there whenever I can.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Quick summary: this is not fine dining, but a welcoming, everything you want in a combination market, coffee shop, and take-out place. Reasonable prices and very good quality. Friendly neighborhood place.

I stop at this spot every time I am in the area visiting family. We are often here in the morning for coffee and bagels (take it to the back and have them toast it, with cream cheese; lox if you want.) There is a variety of good coffee of different strengths and flavors. There are also muffins and other pastry on hand, but go for the excellent bagels.

There are tables and a counter in front for a sunny spot to read the newspapers (also on hand,)

The back of the store has a very good deli and hot-pan take-out. Sandwiches to go. On a recent visit, the hot pans had steak and peppers; chicken florentine; a pasta dish; and Mexican sausage and peppers. I know people in the neighborhood who have stopped cooking and rely on Rooster's for dinner take-out. My senior-citizen Dad loves to take home a main course for dinner, and he's a picky guy.

Wonderful, friendly, staff.

This is also a small market of assorted items -- packaged goods, produce, meats, salads, unique artist-drawn greeting cards, etc.

In my book, this is a neighborhood gem and I always enjoy returning to when visiting family.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a quick take out sandwich on a very busy day. Royal Scarlet on E. Post Rd. is generally my go to place. But I was in the neighborhood and had heard good things about Roosters. Deli men were very pleasant and the service was rather quick. I ordered roast beef with Russian and lettuce on a roll an easy take away. The roast beef was very tasty but not plentiful. In fact, several of the bites were nothing but bread and Russian dressing. Maybe it was an off day seeing as the reviews are far better than today’s sandwich was. Like I said for sandwiches Royal Scarlet is my go to place...still.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

I love having Roosters waking distance from home. Good food, friendly staff, and nice neighbors. They have a little bit of everything you need for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: April 2017