All reviews bed was comfortable microwave and small fridge parking lot ty tv toilet earplugs
Reviewed 15 May 2018

As others have said, the motel is from the 60s and the walls are thin. But with earplugs, I slept fine. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. And the price was low. I didn't use the heat or A/C. It's seven minutes to the Gale Street Railfan Park, for those who like to watch trains.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Anon x
Reviewed 11 November 2017

BUYER BEWARE! NEVER EVER STAY HERE!

Had a two night reservation at the theater motel. Our stay on the first
night was terrible. It was cold and the heat in the room didn't
work. It's right next to a main road, with constant traffic noise.
There's a flag pole outside that's been clanking all night in the wind.
The Walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors down to every cough.
I complained and the owner tried to fix some of these issues. He turned on the heat but the ancient heater (see pic) had a mind of its own and kept on running sending the temps soaring. The thermostat setting had no effect on the heater operation. When I called the owner, he asked me to run the AC with the heater to temper the temperature! Insane! Went to get ice in the morning only to find water in the bottom of a Styrofoam cooler in a 19th century "ice box" (see pics). Everything in the room was dated, filthy and musty.

Of course, the owner refused to refund or even acknowledge the problems with this dump.

Room tip: Simple. Choose a different hotel. ANY OTHER HOTEL
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SHIRISHA_13
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We were traveling through and needed a place to stay for the night. We booked this hotel and were not sorry. It was very clean with no bugs. It has not been updated for a couple of decades, but that was ok with us as long as it’s clean and quiet and inexpensive. We thought it was funny, but the room next door flushed the toilet while Hubby was showering and nearly scalded him. There was a microwave and small fridge in the room.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This place was clean. New carpet. Old furniture, old TV, green bathtub and toilet. Didn't smell. Friendly check in unexpected at 8:00 p.m.. For $59, it worked for one night and would stay there again if we were going that direction.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

There are not many places to stay around this area. I paid $59 for the night. I am glad I had brought my own pillow to sleep on. There are about 30 rooms, and most were filled on this Sunday night.The bathroom molding is scraped up and the shinly vinyl is curling up around the edges of the tub. I am not sure how clean the room was. You can get ice from a big, old cooler outside the office. The TV is old, and only has a basic package of stations. There is WiFi, but you have to ask the owner for the password, and WiFi is SLOW. You can hear water running and TV sounds from your adjacent rooms. There is a certain charm to this locally owned motel, but the owners do not seem to be putting any money into any upgrades. It would be nice to have blacktop to walk on outside the motel room. Right now, it is gravel and weeds. The carpet in my room was a shade of purple, with 2 different sets of curtains on the 2 windows in the room.

Date of stay: August 2017