“Such a shame.”
Review of Rottnest Lodge

Rottnest Lodge
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

The Rottnest Lodge has always been the "premier" accommodation in Rottnest. I have been to Rottnest over 30 times now, but this was the first time I had stayed in the Lodge. We stayed in a Quad room - which they neglect to tell you is NOT serviced at all during a 3 night stay. We were lucky to get fresh towels daily, and to my horror - we woke to the smell of cigarette smoke EVERY MORNING. I was so disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank JonitaAus
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have just had a weekend at the Rottnest Lodge in a Premier Room, never again the rooms where nice and had everything there but it was dirty, the floor was filthy the dust around the bed was terrible and the wardrobe was full of dust and dirty, the bathroom was dirty. Just the general overall cleanliness Cigarette ends around the pool on top of light switches outside, we went down to the reception at 7am and the glass top tables where just grubby. This is such a great location why don't they put some money back into these places and get the standard raised.
Get the Hotel inspector in there to give them a rating.
Never again

Room Tip: Don't pick one
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank help1961
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was my first trip to Australia and I was thoroughly impressed. Based in Perth for my stay meant that a trip to Rottnest Island was definitely on the cards.
Rottnest Lodge was very basic but clean with a comfortable bed.There was a decent spread at breakfast and the actual breakfast area was very pleasant. But I have to agree with other reviewers that the cost was very high. I guess the establishment feels that they can command such pricing as where else are you going to go?
Rottnest Island itself is absolutely gorgeous and a definite must for visiting if you are on the west coast of Australia.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is by far the worst accommodation WA has to offer. Disgustingly dirty, dusty, smelly, and very very old.
The couch or twin seater or whatever it was, was all ripped, worn out and going a dirty brown colour. I wouldnt let my children sit on it.
Even my 4 year old son commented on how dirty the bathroom looked and smelled. You couldn't take your shoes off as the floor was filthy.
There was an awful lot of tapping sounds in the celing above so sleep definitely wasn't on the cards. Please do not stay at this hotel. I have seen cleaner ones in Calutta, Sri Lanka and Karachi! Total ripp off. This lodge must think we are all idiots!

Room Tip: Dont stay, save your money
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank W0rld-is-our-Oyster
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Time for a refurb very expensive quite dirty we had mice in our room receptionist gave us a 50 dollar voucher compensation and was kind enough to point out we had been overcharged by 20 dollars at booking - didn't really make up for 2 nights of no sleep in a300dollar room due to rustling and then the sound of manic mice trying to escape traps
However my daughter loved the island the quokkas and bike riding with no cars around was fabulous
The pool was freezing I recommend they invest in some solar panels to heat it
The lakeside view particularly the sunset was lovely

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms for the view get one upstairs
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Pier 21 Apartment Hotel
#4 of 8 in Fremantle
Perth CBD
Best Western Premier Terrace Hotel

Been to Rottnest Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK