“Response to Feedback from Sue A”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Getaway Villas 3

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
catg0dfre...
Exmouth, Australia
“Response to Feedback from Sue A”
Reviewed 22 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Thanks Sue we appreciate your feedback, It is a shame you couldn't let us know when you were here so we could have attempted to improve your experience. We understand that there are heaps of things to see and do, so know you would have been really busy.

We feel that the photos of this villa are a direct representation of the accommodation. We don't want to create unrealistic expectations for our guests by posting photos that do not accurately reflect the villa. We also feel that $28.30 per person per night (which is cheaper than a shared back packer dorm room at the hotel - FYI $32 per night) is a very fair price for the accommodation that you had reserved.

The Exmouth Villa complex was indeed workers accommodation constructed to house the initial work force engaged in building the VLF base, initially all of the villas didn’t have the enclosed passage way and were much more open. We would like to say that the decor is authentic for the period that the villa was built and was quite expensive in its time, in saying that the owner has just replaced the lounge which will help the overall feel.

We have passed your feedback about the pillows and the flooring on to the owner for consideration, and we have had a plumber out to look into the report that the showers are noisy and the temperature fluctuates we are unfortunately unable to replicate this issue.

We are really pleased that the "worst part" of you experience was the lack of toilet paper and bin liners. You must have had some really great experiences here in Exmouth that I am sure you will share with everyone.

We feel that the accommodation is fairly advertised as not serviced and as we are not a hotel we believe that it is industry standard to provide your own consumables.

We do provide you with a complimentary starter kit of basic items which does include toilet paper, bin liners, soaps, dishwashing and laundry detergent. We apologise if this was inconvenient for you but we do have to draw the line somewhere. We have found as we are unable to accurately predict how much toilet paper is required as there are a number of variables to consider for each guest. We are still working on a computational algorithm that will accurately predict this for us.

Regarding the cleaning, we feel we don't really ask much from our guests as our team of professional cleaners do come through after you, and again apologise if a minor sweep of the floor and putting your left over food in the bin was inconvenient. There should have been the local caretaker come round and put the bins out the 5m for you. We will need to follow this up with him.

If you can please let us know where you have stayed in self-contained accommodation where the standards are different we would appreciate. We certainly don't want to present our accommodation below the industry standard for budget accommodation.

In addition we have also reviewed our wording on our "what to bring" page, the starter kit was never meant to be perceived to be a part of what a previous guest had left, this was supposed let you know there may be some items kindly donated by others.

We hope you otherwise enjoyed our little slice of paradise and come back to visit us again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Sue A
Sydney, Australia
“disappointed”
Reviewed 21 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Whilst this accommodation is conveniently located to the town centre, I was disappointed in it. I should have known when looking for accommodation that when it doesn't really show good photos, then that's a hint as to the quality of it. I would guess that this building used to be part of the original accommodation from the 1960's when Exmouth was set up to provide accommodation for the staff building the VLF antenna towers.

The decor is ugly. The kitchen has been renovated as has the main bathroom. The beds are comfortable enough but the pillows are all the same, so if you hate the pillows on offer you can't try another type. The showers are noisy, as is the flooring, so you can't move quietly in the building (eg to sneak into the bathroom or shower and not wake up other people in the house). You have to constantly adjust the water temperature in the shower as it goes from hot to cold etc.

But the worst part? Nowhere, when booking this place, was I advised that I would have to bring my own toilet paper, bin liners, etc as well as have to clean the place when leaving. I have travelled extensively throughout Australia and stayed in a number of 'self contained' types of accommodation where you can cook for yourself, and have never had to replace whatever I used, or give the place a sweep and put the bin out when leaving. Absolutely ridiculous! I would prefer that they charge an extra $5 a day and include all that rather than me have to ensure I bring my own stuff to replace what I used. I did advise of my thoughts on that when leaving feedback for them.

I get that everything in Western Australia is expensive, including accommodation and food. But to use an "honour system" for all the things you may use, so as to ensure there is something for the next person coming along? Would never stay here again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Exmouth hotels

Freedom75...
“Clean and well equipped, handy location”
Reviewed 28 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

The Getaway Villas are located close to the town centre - easy 5-10 minute walk, good car access and parking. We had a one bedroom villa which was clean, recently renovated, well equipped, and good value.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing