“Good and Bad”

Dessole Lippia Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
Reviewed 21 October 2016

This is going to be a very mixed review because for every negative report there is also a positive.

During the stay we were in three rooms. Day one we were in 4112 a ground floor room near the pool with a stench. The room would have been adequate if it was not for the smell but was small and dark. We did find that the chrome on the taps has been worn through and there was no kettle or facilities to make tea. A complaint I have had before in Greece so not specific to this hotel. Day two we moved to 3313 which was a little bigger had a balcony and a great view of the sea. Comfortable room however every day at 4:30 a cock started crowing and at 6:00 a pump or some other mechanical equipment started up for the day. After a week because it was the end of the season and they wanted to close our block we were mover to 2212. A suite in the main building. Superb and something I was not going to give up however there was a musty smell which we disguised with air freshener.

Hotel was clean and catered very well for the guests the staff were very friendly and very helpful.Predominantly Russians and Germans with the odd French couple however I was the only Brit. This didn't bother me however my Partner was most upset with all the Russians, Odd given that she is one. lol. The all inclusive drinks were poor. The BBQ restaurant however is very good. This is a family hotel and there were many children around which I don't find t be a problem.

Best described as plentiful and adequate. Would not write home about it but there was plenty and given my fussiness I could always find something to eat at every meal. I will however not be going to all inclusive hotels in the future.

Adequate mixed feelings but don't think I would go back or encourage my friends to go there. My friends stayed in another hotel and I now know where I would go. So thanks very much for the holiday but please improve.

Aweful. Most rooms unattainable and in the suite the signal kept dropping out

Room Tip: Opt for a suite
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 September 2016

lovely holiday but sadly the hotel did not live up to expectations. we were the only Western European people in the hotel for five days until some French people arrived. the rest of the guests were Eastern European who sadly did not seem to treat the staff very well. I have been going to Greece for over 30 years and love how friendly and happy everyone is, unfortunately this was not the case at this hotel apart from the reception staff, the lovely guy serving drinks in the restaurant, the girl at the bar and the guy at the bbq restaurant as staff were a bit surly, no smiles, eye contact etc which was a real shame, but then some of the other guests were demanding and bad mannered and some of the kids were so unruly they were a nightmare! maybe they had ground the staff down?! on the positive side the sun shone solidly, the communal areas, pools and facilities were all spotless, the food was ok but not much variety. however our room could have done with some tlc and a good update, especially the bathroom. the sheets and towels were changed regularly but that was about all that was done in one week's stay. the "fitness centre" which we were keen to use had no machines or real equipment which was very disappointing. the animation team were lovely and not at all pushy as in some places. the beach was rather disappointing, not really a "private" beach no facilities, just umbrellas and loungers. just a few hopefully constructive comments - what would be really good would be if drinks were served at your table in the evenings and maybe the restaurant could do with some sort of screens/partitions to try and deaden the noise, and ?a maitre d' to supervise things to prevent people walking around with their plates of food looking for a table. to be honest I enjoyed my holiday cos we just relaxed and got on with it. the key question - would I go back - probably not unless it has a total refurb and update and it was definitely out of school holidays in all countries!

Room Tip: the buildings near the mini golf are quiet
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2016

i enjoyed my stay at Dessole lipia golf thoroughly.
the room was very clean, and had everything a guest needs, i liked the beach the cleanest sea waters i have the pleasure of swimming, food was amazing, all the spacious common places like the pool, restaurant, slides etch very well maintained and kept spotlessly, thank you lots to everyone responsible for my wonderful stay, the staff and the management. will return. we had a most relaxing time!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mikeskiathos
Reviewed 3 July 2015

We just got back from our holiday in Dessole Lippia resort. We had a fab time.
HOTEL - the reception, dinning area, bars... they are all excellent. Very modern and nice. Rooms are ok. Not big but big enough for week or two :) Furniture is a bit older but look nice and there was nothing broken in our room. Bathrooms are ok. There is a TV , fridge in every room and a safe you can use it for FREE. Rooms are cleaned daily. Cleaning ladies always change your towels, do your beds, mop the floor and clean the bathroom. So cleaning servis is excellent!
POOL AREA - pools are cleaned daily too. There are two pool areas. One for children with the slides and the other with the big pool but there is a small pool for children too. There is never problem to find a sunbed :)
FOOD - nice food. We always had something to choose from. Nice meals, Great breakfast. There is an option to use ALA CARTE once per stay. Deffinitely go. It is very poshy :) and Great food too :)
STAFF - very nice, happy, always there to help you. They work very hard but they are always happy and smily. Don´t know how they do it :D
BEACH - the sea and the beach is just beautiful. It is stones instead of sand so take your flip flops or some kind of shoes to go to the sea. There are pedal boats and kayaks you can use for free. We used them a lot :)
CARS- if you are staying in this hotel go and rent a car for a day or two. There is car rent company in reception but we used one outside of hotel coz it was 20euros cheaper. It is good that this hotel is in the middle of the Island so one day you can go and explore one half and the other day you can go the other way.
TRIPS - there is so much to do. if you dont want to rent a car you can just walk up to Affandou - takes you about 20 minutes. Reception staff will tell you the way. Or there are some trips that were offered to us but as we had a little daughter with us we could´t do all day boat trips.
OTHER - mini golf, tenis, table tenis - all for free. Wifi free.
So over all we had a lovely 12 days in this hotel. I loved every minute :)

Room Tip: We had a room 1101 next to kids pool area - it was quiet. There were mostly families with small chil...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
11  Thank Anusa23
Reviewed 27 June 2015

i was there with my two kids and they love it, the food was great, animation is great, the beach is very clean and the water is nice. Roms are not so trendy but they are ok. it is a perfect location to discover around, somevhere in the midle of everything. There are many guests from rusia and italy so animation is in their language. They have very good food from 6.00 to 01.00 when disco stops and you can eat your last hot sandwic and drink last drink. You get botle of water every day in your room, only thing that was disruptive was mosquitoes.

We will surely return to this hotel. I wish you a pleasant holidays

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrej M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
12.9 km away
1 km away
Afandou Sky Hotel
Afandou Sky Hotel
#11 of 18 in Afandou

Been to Dessole Lippia Golf Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.