“Not recommended!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Just spent a rather unpleasant evening at the Bistrot des Vignobles.

On the plus side, we enjoyed very good starters of razor clams and oysters. Wine was fairly good and reasonably priced. One of our mains was acceptable (chicken supreme).

However, I ordered the entrecôte and asked for medium-rare. When it came, it was overcooked and 50% fat. Worse still, the chips were completely overcooked and inedible, as well as being cold.

Replacement chips did not come until after we had finished the main course, at which point we informed the manager we would not be paying. He then accused me of being aggressive for calling the steak rubbish, which was a kind description in fairness.

Appreciate that all restaurants can make mistakes but don’t expect to get a hard time from the management for making a fully justified complaint, which was the real issue for us.

Advice for the management - you are living in the age of the customer so treat them with the respect they deserve.

Date of visit: August 2018
Bistrot-Vignobles, Propriétaire at Le Bistrot des Vignobles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

I’m kind of surprise that you write a comment…
I think, in this very age of customer, we treat them with all the respect they deserve… but this does not include aggressiveness or rudeness. I just told you that I perfectly understand your complaints, as I said, we make mistakes, but we always try to fix them. The words and the tone you used were just hurtful. However, you didn’t not have to pay for your meal and we have a quite peaceful talk about the complaints among countries. We even shook hands in what I thought being a “gentleman agreement” obviously it wasn’t…
Nevertheless, we still like taking care of our guests and we try every day to do our best.
Hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

A lovely restaurant with attentive service and excellent food. We booked in advance - something I’d recommend as it got busy - and sat in the garden. It was lovely to be outside and I don’t think many places nearby have the option in the way this place does.

The food was magnificent - the steak was excellent as was the chicken. We had most of the starters between us and all were good. The house dessert was superb and generous - as was all of the food portions. Service was relaxed, friendly and helpful - I don’t like being hovered over and they timed everything just right. We were allowed to savour everything and there was no rush - essential in the heat! Great wine suggestion as well.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We wandered into this little bistro after having walked out of the much more expensive restaurant up the road. What a difference! The staff were really friendly and they had no trouble catering for the vegetarian in our group. The outside tables in the garden were like eating out in a friend's back yard, and with such informaility we were not expecting much from the food. What a surprise! The food was tasty and stylishly presented, brilliant service including a good wine recommendation within our budget. We will be back!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We made our reservation the same morning to ensure an outside table in the garden, always a smart move.

Service was a bit slow, but very polite and gave good ad use on the wine.

The meat (steak and duck) were slightly undercooked, as is common in France. Also the steak was not as tender as expected.

The cheese plate was excellent with the remaining wine.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

They will turn you away even if they have space as happened to us on July 14 , 2018.
While I cannot comment on the food, the attitude left a LOT to be desired.