US$ 197
De Cuba Bed & Breakfast(Noord)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 66
US$ 112
US$ 99
Del Rey Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 81
Aruba Tropic Apartments(Noord)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 118
US$ 76
US$ 73
  • Free Internet
All reviewssweet peppersmoomba beachon site restaurantall you can eatpalm villagekaraoke nightfull kitchenhappy hourgarden viewwater aerobicsactivities directorshuttle servicefree shuttlebedroom unitadult poolswim up baraway from the hustle and bustle
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This resort is not on the beach and it not five star and for those of you who think that is what you need, you are wrong. My comment to my traveling companions is that if we were at a 5 star resort on the beach, we would be fighting the crowds, looking for a chair at the pool, be packed in the pool like sardines and generally not having a great time. The beauty of CPV? The rooms are clean and spacious, you get clean towels each day and have a kitchen or kitchenette which means you can always have snacks and drinks on hand. And who doesn't want to have ice on a hot Aruban day? Normal hotel rooms - you just aren't getting that. They have recently redone one of the pools and it is gorgeous - complete with a swim up bar and a super nice bartender. They also redid the restaurant - Kiani's - I was a little nervous as there was never a huge crowd in the restaurant but I have to tell you that if you do NOT try this restaurant, you are missing out. Dinners are all you can eat - every night. We participated in the lasagna and fajita nights and the food was amazing! Super fresh and well done. Please patronize this restaurant as you will not be disappointed and you definitely want to ensure the health and well being of this establishment so it can continue to be part of the resort.
So the resort isn't on the beach - big deal. If you don't get a car in Aruba - you should. It is a blast to drive around the island and see all the cool things in Aruba. If you still don't agree, there is a shuttle to the beach with reserved chairs for Caribbean Palm - plenty for everyone at Moomba Beach. It does say no outside food or drinks on this beach, however, I did see people with snacks. Proceed at your own risk. Umbrellas were $30 to rent so bring some cash. The location is right by all the water activities you can desire so you should be good to go.
As for the pool - you never had to worry about getting up at the crack of dawn to save a pool chair. There is absolutely no need, there are plenty of chairs and plenty of sun or shaded areas for everyone. Additionally, there are two pools and it seemed like the younger kids hung out at the pool without the bar. Kids are welcome everywhere, it just seemed to work out that way but for those of us without kids, it was nice to not have to fight for space with a pack of kids in the pool.
Additionally, the internet service at this resort is amazing. It never dropped once and you had internet everywhere you went on the resort. There is no fee for this service.
The only thing to be aware of is the daily fee that is additional. You can find the rates on their website. No big deal - just so you are prepared.
Don't be afraid to try this resort and particularly to try the restaurant. You can't beat the amenities. Let your friends spend more money than they need to at the 5 star place -you are smarter than that! :)

Room Tip: We had a second floor room - if you aren't that great with stairs, you may want to ask for a ground level room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Maryann C
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Glad I did not bring friends on this trip. It would have been an embarrassment. The wicker styled furniture, curtains and lamps are from a bygone era. The small pennant hanging fixture over the table does not emit any light at night. The tiled edges in the bathroom are finished in gaudy plaster. The pool area that has been remodeled is in no way as important to me as the room that I stay in. There was no live entertainment the entire week that I was here. I do not recommend this facility just yet. It is in severe need of upgrades in the rooms.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Best experience ever! Trade Winds, beautiful beaches, outstanding customer service, fantastic food, FREE WiFi, convenient location, loving people, tremendous value for your money for a timeshare investment or rental. Love Ms. Lady, Giovanni, Fouwia, and Martin!

Room Tip: Pool bar view is the best if you like music and a fun, party atmosphere! Additional pool area for families with children.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank haskins7500
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Room faced a pile of dirt JUST FYI no studio rooms have a view, no patio, no screen to even open the window. leaning service was pulling your sheets up on the bed. No new sheets for the week :(. Pool area was nice Happy hour was not Happy.. The activites director should be in charge she was the best part of the resort. Very helpful..

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Upon our check-in to CPVR after not being even Welcome to the resort, we spent over 2hrs running from room to room(after being told the resort was SOLD OUT, which was found to be untrue)looking for a clean decent room.

The rude front desk attendant Cherylyn, was making phone calls back & forth in her language to a Kenya who was supposedly the supv.! Little did they know we understood the disrespectful jokes they were making at our expense. Unbelievable!

The rooms we had been sent to were in isolated parts of the resort & with 2dbl beds that Cherylyn thought to be so funny! Not so funny for us!! We were finally given a room that was ok but we were treated as if a big favor was done, in which it wasn’t! We called the front desk after carrying our luggage up the stairs to our room, to state the air conditioning was not working & maintenance was then sent up. Another hour passed & we called down to Cherylyn again who was rude & argumentative when I said the a/c was still not working and she stated maintenance just fixed it, I said “No they didn’t, they even stated it was not fixed & would let the day person know to fix it for us. We also had NO hot water & she could care-less. Cherylyn lacked any kind of customer service & made for a very uncomfortable stay in the start of our vacation.

The next morning, after waking to a very warm room, I called down to the front desk in frustration & spoke to Kenya who is the Supv., to say how unhappy we were with how we have been treated & how very unwilling they are to help us. Kenya kept stating to come down to the front desk so she can show me our resv. I stated I was not going to waste anymore time with this, I had already showen Cherylyn last nite and why would that matter anyway. I told Kenya this would not go unnoticed..she carelessly stated OKay! I told her I paid much more for the room on a third party site than it was even going for in the hotel right now. And she kept arguing that we paid for a studio with 2 dbl beds(very small & desolate parts of resort).

Back to check-in, Cherylyn stated I should have used booking.com or Expedia & not Priceline..why? They are all third party websites. And Priceline has always been wonderful with us being surprised with nice rooms at hotels, not the worst, as was here! I even showed her the resv.! The rooms were pretty out dated, but the room we pleaded to keep was nice except
a/c & hot water issue. Customer service is severely lacking at Cpvr! I’m sorry we booked here, but just wanted to advise future travelers on this experience. For what we paid, this was far below our expectation & the unwilling to welcome us or help was such a horrible way to start a vacation on a Beautiful island. We were never explained anything about the resort or towels etc etc. until we spoke with Evelyn who was front desk that evening, the only reason for the 1 star.

Once Evelyn found out about our issues she bent over backwards in customer service to make sure we had a working room that we were happy with! She is the one positive face of the whole resort! She made our trip turn around right there! We went to CPVR to invest in a timeshare, but took our money elsewhere due to Cherylyn & Kenya’s rude, ignorant & lack of customer service.

This could be a beautiful resort if it was maintained properly with working hot tubs, clean pool & had a more customer service friendly front desk to welcome you! Not a front desk staff who truly show that they hate their job such as Cherylyn & Kenya! They should hire more people like Evelyn, who truly shows she cares about her job & the people coming to the resort! Please see my other reviews in what we did & where we ate. I needed to share our horrible experience here, that was quite long! You also need a car if staying here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple