“Perfect Getaway !”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
large closets
80 feet salt water pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New York City, New York
“Perfect Getaway !”
Reviewed 3 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

This is our second vacation in Aruba and it was simply perfect staying at Wacamaya condos was a true paradise,Marias hospitality from the beginning to the end of our vacation was truly effortless she recommended and booked the car for us at a much lower price than we could find on line , the complex was just what we were hoping for beautiful swimming pool lush gardens very tropical and well maintained and clean throughout the complex.
Marias condo was exactly as the pictures, great kitchen fully equipped with everything you would need to cook a gourmet meal, the bathroom was large and spa like feeling with Travertine floors and walls with a large walk in shower plus hot water.
The a/c worked well but we preferred to have the balcony door open and enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful pool view while sitting on the balcony,very nice feature was the fact that Marias condo was a end unit on the second floor furthest away from the road,inside the condo everything was just perfect for our needs clean ,spacious, and decorated tastefully .One of the convenience we enjoyed was the laundry facility on the premises .
We appreciated everything Maria recommended to us such as local beaches to enjoy crystal clear water perfect for snorkeling and away from the crowds at the hotel beaches,we also tried the local restaurants she recommended which allowed us to bring our own wine and was very affordable definitely Maria has the inside knowledge of Aruba and made our vacation very memorable and we are looking forward to our return trip and staying at Marias little piece of paradise...Thanks for all your help and see you soon.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
7 Oct 2017
Thank you for your great review and see you in February!
Maria
Poltergei...
Toronto, Canada
“A little more care needed”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Before I write my evaluation, allow me to give you some perspective, which hopefully will add to credibility. During the past 15 years or so, I have vacationed in Cuba five times, Dominican Republic three times, Mexico three times, Jamaica once and now Aruba; not to mention many European vacations. In Europe I stay in Apartment/condos and usually in all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. This time my wife and I chose this “5 Star Condo” for a two week vacation in Aruba, because of the expected higher standards associated with a Dutch island kingdom.

Upon arrival at the condo we were surprised at the poor entrance door and its questionable lock and keypad entry. The actual grounds with pool and foliage do live up to the pictures shown in the listing. However, the pool surrounds were not particularly clean and there were leaves and other “stuff” in the pool. I only saw one person swimming in the entire two weeks. The sun loungers and chairs were dirty, very old and dusty (probably sand and dirt from the nearby construction site and roadside).

Once inside the condo, it was quite nice; a little dated with respect to style, but clean and comfortable. The king-size bed was comfortable, the sofa just fine and the cable TV worked well. Also, the bathroom was roomy, nicely tiled and clean (no mold or broken faucets, etc.). However, from there it went downhill, because the bed sheets were not changed during our two week stay and neither were the towels. There was no hot water, only tepid for shaving and showering (a problem if trying to wash long hair.) Also, there wasn’t a kettle, which makes pouring boiling water from a saucepan into a cup a little tricky. A small point, but frustrating was the 1½ toilet rolls that we were expected to make last for two weeks. You cannot buy one or two rolls of toilet paper; you must purchase 10 or 12 at a time. I will not admit to anything illegal, but we managed to acquire another roll from an external source.

Maria, the owner, whom we met on arrival, is a very nice and friendly person. She had lots of tips and good advice. Notwithstanding, she is a too free with her description of the condo; it is not close to the Marriott and beaches. It is a 25 minute walk along roads that only have sidewalks for half the distance. It is too hot (30ᶛ C plus) without any shade during the day and far too dangerous at night, because of oncoming traffic (drivers do not expect to see pedestrians on such roads). And, who wants to walk 2 to 3 km back to the condo after eating dinner in a Palm Beach restaurant?

To anyone considering staying at this condo, a vehicle is essential. There is a Chinese run grocery across from the condo, but better selection and prices will be found in Super Foods some 5 km away; and for that you will need a car. To conclude, this condo does not deserve a five-star rating, because its facilities are limited and dirty, it is too far away from attractions and the owner does not provide a change of bed linen, towels, dish cloths etc. If this condo had been in the Dominican or Cuba I would have given it four stars, but in Aruba it is worth just three. In fact, the customer representative at Thrifty car rentals said that most people who stay there are mostly people who have come to work in the area, which could explain why it was so quiet.

As for Aruba: Great for a one week vacation, but two weeks becomes a little boring; there is not that much to see when driving around. Baby Beach is overrated. Eagle Beach is the most accessible, but beware the daily US $20 charge for a sun lounger. Palm Beach is crowded and dominated by the hotels. Food is expensive: two muffins and one ice coffee in Starbucks US $11; pasta in a restaurant ranges from US $21 to 27. By-the-way the local tourist merchants do not wish to bargain and the shops in Oranjestad are closed on Sundays. Oranjestad is pretty and the street cars (trams) are fun and free. Parking meters are everywhere, but you can park behind the bus station for US $1.75 for three hours (must pay in Aruba Florins).

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
9 Oct 2017
I find his review unfair and untrue and too detailed for my taste as I am sure most people coming to Aruba don't care how much toilet paper someone use and how he obtained it.
Most people renting villa or condo know that renting one is different that staying in a all inclusive resort in a Dominican Republic or Mexico. It is not a hotel and you don't have a maid service and you have to do your own laundry and buy your toiletries after the initial supply is gone. It is unrealistic to expect that you will rent a condo and not spend any money on food , laundry and toiletries .
I consider myself good host and have over 100 5 star reviews between the 3 biggest travel websites and do my best to assist my guests in any way I can, share my extensive knowledge and make their vacation a memorable one but Once in a while I come across a traveller that has unrealistic expectations and champagne taste on a beer budget and simply cannot be pleased .

As avid traveller myself ( level 4 Trip Advisor contributor and level 8 Restaurant expert) I have visited many places all over the world from Monaco to Russia , Alaska and Hong Kong, all of the Caribbean islands etc. I know there is
difference between staying at the Kowloon Shangli- La, Private Yacht in St Tropez, Sandals in Bahamas and St Lucia and the Holliday in in Aruba and I adjust my expectations accordingly and If I rent a villa or condo I know I don't have maid service unless I want to pay for it and I have to do my laundry and cook my meals if I choose to and I have to buy my consumables
In total I send this traveler 15 emails, 12 before arrival (he responded to 2 of them) and 3 during his stay asking him if they need anything and offered to bring my cleaning lady but he never responded (fast and free WIFI in the condo so no reason not to response )and since I am not able to read people's mind I decided he will just use the laundry facility in the complex as most of our renters do . The part about the toilet paper is also untrue because Superfood sells package of 4 rolls for $2,15 . And if he didn’t want to spend the $ 2 all he had to do is send me e mail and I would’ve brought him a package.
In my e mails to the traveler before arrival I strongly advised him to rent a car ( the condo is 900 meters to the Marriott and I can walk it in less than 10 min but Aruba is so much more than Palm beach and eagle beach and car gives you the flexibility to explore the island and many local beaches and restaurants).
He never responded but on arrival ended up asking me to To arrange a car, in 30 min the car rental company came and pick him up and drove him to their office but he didn't like the car so they drove him back
I also gave him my advice on couple local beaches (I provide beach chairs, towels and a cooler) less than 3 min drive with the best snorkelling and crystal clear water but he decided to go to the most crowded Palm and Eagle beach and then complain about it .
Not sure what he meant about the door keypad, I have Schlage keypad , very easy to use even for the people that are not too in tune with the technology, all you do is enter 4 digit code , most of our guests love the convenience of not having a key to worry about.
Our complex is small and well kept , we have full time cleaning staff that keeps the pool area in good shape and wipes the patio furniture daily and the loungers are clean and in good shape and not old and rusty the way he suggested and the only reason the place was not busy is because September is low season and all the owners are Canadian and American and they come and spend the winters there December to April. I am one of the few owners that manage to rent the condo in the low season because I have many repeat guests and more than 40 5 star reviews .
Aruba is one of the safest islands in the Caribbean with great infrastructure and government and one of the most revisited islands in Caribbean according to Forbes magazine, over 50% of the visitors keep coming back year after year.
I think most people will disagree with Larry that 2 weeks is too long. Aruba has many attractions like Natural pool, Arikok natural park, museum downtown, butterfly farm, donkey sanctuary and much more.
Definitely much more to do than in the Dominican Republic and Jamaica where it is not safe to get out of your All inclusive resort .
If you are traveller looking for inexpensive All inclusive vacation Aruba is not the best place, but if you are willing to rent a condo or villa and explore the island and try some local places outside of the beaten path you could have great vacation for a fraction of the price of the hotels here.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing