“Love this place”

Maria's Tavern
Ranked #22 of 49 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Small bar restaurant with great limited menu and free wonderful popcorn. Service is sometimes slow but the waitresses are always cheerful and we love the bar food. We stop here many times a year and last night was the first of the season. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank jeaniegirl

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Maria's was recommended to us for wings. The wings were just ok... They were over-cooked and the garlic wings come with tons of minced garlic which was way too much. Nice atmosphere and friendly stacf

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We popped into Maria's as we were walking back from dinner - loved the friendly feel and the cheap prices.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Small bar and grill type of atmosphere with great burgers and wings ! The wings can be ordered according to heat degree with Buffalo sauce, lots of blue cheese and celery sticks. Delicious.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Yes, I am from Buffalo. And, I went to college just down Main Street from the world famous Anchor Bar. I had many an afternoon or evening eating wings there. So, I am fussy. Real Buffalo wings are not soggy or dripping with sauce. Surprise! The key is, they cook them longer, so they are crisp and the sauce cooks into the wing. I rarely order wings outside of Buffalo, but Maria's in Watkins Glen serves real Buffalo Wings! I am shocked! Amazed! And oh so happy. And they have great burgers too. Small place, Bar room, really. Gee, for a time, I felt like I was back in Buffalo. If you want the real McCoy, Maria's has real, honest to goodness Buffalo Wings! I know, I'm from Buffalo.

Date of visit: August 2016