“I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to go again. Loved it.”

Schooner Excursions, Inc
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Watkins Glen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail on the vintage 1926 John Alden Malabar VII Schooner "True Love" that was featured in the 1956 movie "High Society". Docked at the Watkins Glen Seneca Harbor Park Pier, Schooner "True Love" charters daily on the deep blue waters of beautiful Seneca Lake. Coast Guard Certified for up to 22 passengers Schooner "True Love" sets the perfect scene for your relaxing getaway. Tour on our latest addition to the fleet, "M/V REMEDY" is an Oldport 26 Tour Boat. Enjoy an educational Eco-History Tour, a Winery, Brewery & Distillery Tour or relaxing Sightseeing Tour of Beautiful Seneca Lake. Docked next to the Watkins Glen Seneca Harbor Park Pier.
Akron, New York
“I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to go again. Loved it.”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

They made the time on the schooner not only relaxing and enjoyable but also informative. Everyone had a great time and the crew were enthusiastic and enjoyed their jobs. Had a disbled person with us and that was not an issue at all.

Visited August 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Burlington , Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Pleasant sail but pricey....”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Read many good things about this sailing cruise so my wife and I thought we'd give it a whirl. We attended the afternoon cruise on August 4th and unfortunately did not have the wind in our favour. Most of the cruise was by motor ... what made the trip interesting was the narrative provided by our captain and first hand, Greg and Gary.
For 40 bucks a person, I guess I expected a little more than a diet pepsi and a chug-along the bank of the lake.
Perhaps with wind, actual sailing of this vessel would have been a much more pleasant experience. I don't think that this boat was actually in the 1926 movie as advertised...... just a gimmick.

1 Thank John D
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a couple of hours on the Lake”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My wife and I travel to Watkins Glen every August for the NASCAR race. We have seen the "True Love" for several years, but haven't had the time to go for a sail. What a great way to spend a couple of hours on Senca Lake. The wind was perfect and the crew took very good care of us. We will be back!

1 Thank Pelicanpass
Morristown, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend a couple hours on the lake”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

If you are looking to get on the water but don't want to rent your own boat or hire a private boat, this is the way to go. Relaxing, sail on Seneca Lake. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable of sailing and the area.

Jeffersonville, Vermont
“amazing a must do!”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We have been coming to Watkins for some time now and this is the first time we finally decided yes were going on the sail boat! And boy are we kicking ourselves for not going sooner!! It was a fantastic 2 hour trip with a great Captin and deck hands. A wonderful laid back time with just fantastic sailing!! Every year we walk through the Glen- I think we will be changing and every yr we will be taking a sailing trip with the Schooner "True Love"!! A must do on your list!!