All reviewstree climbing lionsthe rivergame drivesone nighthot waterbush showerswalking aroundbucket showerriverside locationown bathroomluxurious tentspermanent structuresafrican woodan excellent standardfondest memoriesbush breakfaststayed longer
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you look for a paradise in the Nature, this is the place where you should spend some days. Not only one night (as I did) because it is not enough to take advantage of the camp and the nature around. The managerin and the staff are very kind. Friendly. Food is good. The tents are beautiful. I hope to be able to come back soon. By the way, you feel safe. And the animals are amazing.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank 618fr
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Dear Ishasha team,

So sad to say goodbye! We regret we were not able to book another night or two at your beautiful lodge, because Ishasha is both an extraordinary lodge and place in all aspects. With meeting the extremely friendly staff you all gave us the warmest possible welcome when arriving yesterday, which was the best way to start our brief stay!

We had a wonderful stay in your lovely lodge, absolutely adored our tent no. 2, just like the hospitality and the beautiful surroundings. We would like to sincerely thank Richard, James and all the others for their sincere hospitality and their tremendous efforts in order to making our stay an unforgettable one. Ishasha is our home away from home. A very big compliment to all of you. Thank you for caring, all the best!

Warmest regards from Holland!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WithoutBoundaries
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The camp is inside Queen Elizabeth Park so you can head right out for excellent game drives. The tents are large and comfortable with a good bathroom. No hot water, but they bring you a 20 liter can of hot water that is hung over your shower for a “bush shower” whenever you want. Works really well and the water is just enough for a reasonable shower. The food is good and the service is very good. The only negative was that it was very difficult to get on the internet. It kept disconnecting and you had to find someone to give you another key.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WBird66
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The tents are set right by the river where the buffalo roam, especially at night. The place is tranquil, but unfortunately the tents are close enough to clearly hear your neighbors conversation. Luckily our neighbors were mostly quiet during the night. Game drive are included and except for the Kazinga Chanel up north, this to me is the most beautiful part of the park with sweeping vistas of lightly wooded savannah.

The main attraction is the tree climbing lions, which we failed to find, not for lack of trying by our camp guide. So we will go again soon to check this experience off the bucket list.In any case, we all enjoyed the experience, although the food could be improved upon.

Room Tip: All the tents are fine
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018

We were very impressed with this camp on our arrival. Babs greeted us, gave us an introduction and asked if we had any food restrictions. In our group one was gluten free, one couldn't have raw onions and I have an intolerance for bell peppers. The next day they made us a lunch for the road and it included chicken wraps. As I was swallowing my first bite I caught the taste of bell peppers. When I opened the wrap I saw both raw onion and bell peppers. I got violently ill and when our tour leader talked with John he first denied it and asked her to prove it. After I recovered I went to John myself to explain the seriousness of the lapse in control. He blamed the staff and was definitely unsympathetic. I said in my case it only made me sick but for some people it could be life threatening. Babs talked with us later and apologized profusely but for me it was too late. I was very unimpressed with the management of this otherwise beautiful camp.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends