See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Situated on a reclaimed mangrove swamp, Maruhubi Beach Villas are a link between the Town and the rest of Zanzibar. Boasting of typical tropical environment of flower and fruit gardens, the site offers a unique panoramic view of the Stone Town to the left, the historic Prison and Grave Islands at the middle and the Beit-el-Ras bulge to the right.
The rooms are of moderate size with traditional four-poster beds and a private bathroom. The positive aspect of its main shortfalls, the lack of TV and Wi-fi, is that it provides the scarce opportunity of stress-less stay where one leaves all the worries and tensions behind to enjoy the tranquility of this exotic place very close to Town and yet so far away.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I had arrived after having a bad experience in Dar Es Salaam and I was upset when I arrived. They had picked me up from the airport which was a great start because in Africa sometimes they pick you up, sometimes they don't even if they confirm they will. The male staff got their female manager. She sat down with me and helped me. I wasn't up to planning the next leg of my trip and she organised it all with the help of her drivers. One of the drivers even organised a short tour in Stonetown for the morning before I was leaving because I was too upset to see Stonetown the day I arrived and wanted to see it before I left. The food, restaurant and service is amazing. It's a beautiful place and location. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Spacious and Basic Accom just oustide Stone Town. $5 cab ride into town, so great location! The Hotel staff we're great at reccomending things to do and helping us get around the island. Great place to stay if you are on a budget - only downside is that there are no beaches close by but there is still plenty to do!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Found it on last minute, a good place to stay for a couple of days, comparatively cheaper and breakfast is a bonus though served in limited quantities.

However staff is not so well trained, language is a barrier here.
Expect average service

But Morning and sunset views are awesome,
Pool is clean and refreshing.

Overall Good value for money. :)

Room Tip: try for room number 1-4 near the sea
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I had a very pleasant stay in Maruhubi Beach Villas. I stayed here because I was tired of the noise of Stone Town. The hotel is very basic and local run. The bungalows are very spacious with a big veranda.
Best part of Maruhubi is the swimmingpool and the sunset view in the evening.
The pool is always open and I liked jumping in the pool early morning before breakfast.
The staff is amazing. They will go out of their way to help you.
Breakfast is nothing special, but enough to have a good start of the day.
The food is okay, but the town is close enough to go out for dinner (5 minutes by taxi).
In the daytime it can be a bit noisy because there are construction at the neighbor hotel. No idea until when.
I would definitely go back here if I go to Zanzibar again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms close to the sea and pool.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo