Lowest prices for your stay
$135
Free cancellation until 14/02/23
Hotels.com$160
Travelocity$160
ZenHotels.com$163
All reviews sea front ferry terminal sea view nice hotel nice pool prison island location is great first floor dar es salaam room was large princess salme four poster bed mosquito net indian ocean yogurt balcony zanzibar
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2022

I never went on a solo trip before, so this was a big deal for me. From the minute I arrived, I was taken in as family. I felt so loved, and protected and happy at this hotel. My heart is there even though I am back home. I spent 5 weeks in Zanzibar and most of it was at Mizingani Seafront Hotel. It is beautiful and really affordable. The breakfasts are beyond amazing too.

I can't wait to go back again. I miss my favorite room, I miss everyone working there with all my heart. This place is my heart in Zanzibar.

Room tip: This is the best first destination. The amazing people at the front desk became my family right away. They can guide you to everything.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Laura L
muzammil siddique, General Manager at Mizingani Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2022

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at Mizingani Sea Front hotel, we always appreciate hearing feedback about the experience that we provide, and your comments have been taken to heart. We hope to see you at Mizingani Sea Front hotel again soon!
Kind regards,
Mizingani Sea Front team

Reviewed 13 November 2022 via mobile

Stay wise good . location excellent . Staff excellent , they try to assist as much as they can. Nice view from balcony . Morning breakfast very good but food not for Indian vegetarians . Good place to stay in stone town . Looks like an heritage building with all type of lift . Except vegetarian food , everything is okay

Room tip: Not good for vegetarian
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
muzammil siddique, General Manager at Mizingani Seafront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2022

Dear Guest,
Warmest greetings from Mizingani Sea Front Hotel. Thank you for your detailed review. We are happy that you enjoyed your time here. Your comments have been shared with management for better guest experience
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mizingani Sea Front Hotel.
With best regards,
Mizingani Sea Front Team

Reviewed 8 October 2022

Perfectly situated on the sea front road, our room with a lovely beach view. The ferry port from Dar-es-Salaam is only 400m away so walkable.
Finished in period style the hotel is like a living museum. Stunning period furniture everywhere, very comfortable nice ambience with helpful efficient staff.
We did have the Presidential suite, Salame, there are several in this category, hence the beach view.. Ours was very large, seats at the two open windows and another separate seating area with period four poster bed. All the bedroom furniture was in keeping with the age of the building, beautiful antique pieces. Equipped with fridge, tv, good a/c and WiFi, tea and coffee facilities. Immaculately clean.
Breakfast was the best buffet choice we've had in Tanzania, admittedly others were remote safari lodges though. Choice of cereals, yogurt, eggs to order, hot beans, sausage, potatoes etc, an array of fruits and an extensive cakes and biscuits selection.

3  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 25 September 2022

We stayed in the Princess Salma suite and i couldn't ;stop taking pictures of the suite, the bathroom, the view... very comfortable and one of the friendliest and most helpful hotel staffs i've ever encountered. The pool and breakfast areas are also beautiful - like stepping back in time, in the best way! Everything functional and well kept while still maintaining the integrity of the historical design. (Also: best mattress ever.)

Room tip: Princess Salma suite was great - booked online as "presidential suite"
1  Thank rcolbert
Reviewed 25 September 2022

Beautiful view from the breakfast balcony. Wonderful view from our room balcony. Call to prayer woke us every morning so ear plugs would be a great add. Also the only downfall of the hotel is they delivered damp towels every day to our room. The bathroom always smelled moldy due the towels. The moldy smell transferred to us when drying off after shower

Trip type: Travelled with friends