Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 117
Hotels.com
US$ 115
CheapTickets
US$ 115
TravelocityUS$ 115
Orbitz.comUS$ 115
eDreamsUS$ 117
All reviews great coffee espresso room rooftop terrace private bathroom the ground floor the cafe downstairs breakfast is served charming place crepes comfortable rooms stayed one night enjoyed my stay min walk fresh fruit our honeymoon boutique hotel arabica
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2021

We stayed in the cappuccino room. The room was perfect with working AC and WiFi. The shower was divine and the rest of the building was very nicely decorated. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for sure.

Reviewed 19 March 2021

An interesting building in a hard to get to location within Stonetown. A fascinating view from the roof top floor with excellent coffee and food. This place is NOT for the disabled or those who cannot handle major stairs- stairways. Some of the upper rooms are beautiful however those on the lower floor should not even be sold for stay due to the strange and difficult layout that can be hazardous especially at night. This rooms have horrid views and unforgiving noises coming from adjacent builds just feet away. The room we stayed in had a nasty concrete stairs and sloped walkway leading to the toilet and shower about 30 feet away. The stairs to the bathroom are steep and hazardous with the bottom step looking like part of the floor. My girlfriend whom is young and athletic took a fall down these stairs at 3am which resulted in injury. I had contacted the manager Noreen earlier in the day asking for another room primarily because of the stairs and bathroom location and was told that no others were available- even though Expedia showed several including suites available. I even offered to pay more than the $126 I had paid. During the night you could hear one if not two people vomiting from the building adjacent to the bathroom and walkway. During most of the day the generator next to the room ran continuously throughout the day. I was furious after my girlfriends fall and horrid stay and immediately left the hotel in the early AM skipping the free coffee and breakfast. After contacting the manager again after our stay part of her response was: “I'm very sorry that Leah fell down the stairs! I didn't expect this to happen because many elderly and disabled guests managed the stairs already.”
I will guarantee you that few if any elderly and or disabled can or would deal with the stairways and wells within this building let alone the ones to the bathrooms. I would never even consider staying at the property again. However, if you CAN handle the major stairways the coffee and food with the rooftop view is worthy for a visit.

Room tip: This place is NOT for the disabled or those who cannot handle major stairs- stairways.
Reviewed 19 March 2021

I stayed at the Zanzibar Coffee House for two nights upon my arrival on Unguja/Zanzibar.

I had a great stay. The room was just like on the pictures, room and common areas were really clean, the breakfast (and the food served in general) was delicious and from the rooftop where it is served you can enjoy a beautiful view on Stone Town. Also from there it is easy to walk around and discover the city. Finally, the staff is really helpful and care about it guests ! If you look for a cozy place to stay in Stone Town this is your place !

Reviewed 2 March 2021

We really enjoyed our stay at Zanzibar Coffee House. The owner and the staff are very friendly and go above and beyond to help make your trip unforgettable.

They helped arrange tours, safari and they were always on hand if you needed any advice or tips for the best places to go.

I recommend this place without any doubts and look forward to staying there again when we come back to Zanziba!

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank JingaTravel
Reviewed 27 February 2021

If you want an authentic experience of Stone Town, great coffee, beautiful rooms, good service and a lovely staff and manager - this is the right place to go. For a reasonable price you get an unforgettable stay with a sumptuous breakfast on the rooftop tea house. Surrounded by the multiple sounds, smells and colours of Stone Town, this gentle start into the day was a highlight for us. Located behind the busy market, the house is nestled in the alleyways of Stone Town, everything is easily reachable by foot. The rooms are equipped with a safe, AC, authentic Zanzibar furniture and are thought- and tastefully decorated. Staff is super friendly and very attentive. We can not wait to come back!!

Date of stay: February 2021