US$ 182
US$ 135
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 182/night.

US$ 155
US$ 111
Al Johari(Stone Town)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 82
US$ 80
US$ 200
Zanzibar Palace Hotel(Stone Town)
US$ 151
US$ 123
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 210/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 235
US$ 194
Kisiwa House(Stone Town)
US$ 90
US$ 88
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 188/night.

Maru Maru Hotel(Stone Town)
US$ 150
US$ 140
Priceline
US$ 185
US$ 153
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 172/night.

All reviewsbig joeseafood restaurantindian oceanwrap around balconymain restaurantbeautiful hotelpublic beachterrace restaurantsea viewold worldnice poolwalking tourthe general managerspice tourhigh ceilingsold buildingno elevator
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is rjght on the ocean, which makes it stand out from most.
The hotel can arrange transport from the airport. Its a walking distance from any point of interest, and restaurants. Stuff is friendly, helpfull, and any request or question was answered.
The hotel has great old decoration all over.
Breakfast was good, but you have better options near by for lunch and dinner. Overcooking, not exciting and pricey.
We had a room on the third floor with ocean view. No elevator, but the higher you get, the view becomes unreal. Room is small, but the balcony and view makes it a must pick. Worth every dollar.
Room was clean and well maintained. Its not the best deal, but if you are looking for a stylish stay with perfect view, this is a great choice.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ran s
Paul C, General Manager at Zanzibar Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you very much for your amazing review! We are very happy to note that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you loved our authentic Zanzibar theme and decor. Thank you also for your nice comments on our staff who are indeed a pillar in our business. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon for another amazing holiday.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

On the island of Zanzibar and in stone town--it was convenient to walking and exploring. It was on the beach with a great view, and it had air-conditioning. A lot of carved woodwork added a lot of character. The service and the restaurant were excellent. The linens were of good quality, but the bed was rock hard.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovethesnow11

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the amazing review. The woodwork is derived from the history that Zanzibar is famous for. We stand to give you the authentic Zanzibar experience. We have taken note of the comment on our beds and will work on it. we look forward to another visit

Regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I was a bit concerned booking the Serena based on reviews, but I found the hotel and staff to be incredibly charming and comfortable. I am a solo female traveler and felt completely safe at The Serena. After climbing Kilimanjaro and spending several days on safari, the air conditioner, spacious rooms and delicious food all felt amazingly luxurious.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Julie C

Dear Julie,

Congratulations on having climbed the tallest peak! Thank you for the trust you put on us based on the reviews. We are happy that you confirmed that indeed the reviews are true. We will look forward to your next visit for another amazing holiday.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2017

From the hotel you can walk to all the sights and wander thru the streets. Numerous good restaurants and coffee shops again within walking distance. Room overlooked the sea with a wrap around balcony. A little cramped due to it being an old renovated building - really well done. Breakfast was fine but the lunch and dinner menus lacked any inspiration. Staff were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Will154943

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful and insightful review. Our hotel derives its theme and decor from the history of Zanzibar. We are situated in the middle of and inside the history of Zanzibar. I have taken note of your comments on the menus and we shall do a review of them soon. If you have any thoughts of what you would like to see on our menus, I welcome it. You can share with me on my e-mail- PChaulo@serena.co.tz and we will be happy to use your idea to model a menu geared towards our customers' satisfaction. Thank you once again for taking time to review us. we look forward to your next visit

Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2017

After a wonderful 10 day trip to Tanzania on safari we headed to Zanzibar for some
beach time. Our first night was spent at the Serena Hotel, in the heart of Stone Town with an amazing view of the sunset on the Indian Ocean.
The rooms were very nice, we had WiFi and they food was delicious.
The following morning when we were packing to head off to a beach resort, to my horror and dismay I could not find my handbag with all my important documents including my Passport!
The tour was scheduled to depart so I remained at the hotel wondering how I
would proceed. The wonderful manager Mr Paul Chaulo sat with me and we reviewed
footage of my entire time at the hotel as we reconstructed where I had been. Finally as we were getting to the end of the possibilities we came across one last place to look.
Incredibly my purse was still there and all the contents intact! We all danced for joy!!
Mr Chaulo. explained that he had recently had these cameras installed. The trip up until
that point had been one of the best ever and fortunately with his help it remains one of the best ever.
I recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Get a view of the courtyard or an ocean view if possible and enjkoy the sunset
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank snp35

Dear Joan,

I remember how happy we all were to discover your handbag with all the contents intact. Am happy that this small touch has made a topic in our TripAdvisor page. I thank you very much for your patience and cooperation that made it work. Me and my team look forward to your next visit to Zanzibar

With Regards,