“The manager at this hotel saved my life!!”

Zanzibar Serena Hotel
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
Reviewed 7 October 2017

After a wonderful 10 day trip to Tanzania on safari we headed to Zanzibar for some
beach time. Our first night was spent at the Serena Hotel, in the heart of Stone Town with an amazing view of the sunset on the Indian Ocean.
The rooms were very nice, we had WiFi and they food was delicious.
The following morning when we were packing to head off to a beach resort, to my horror and dismay I could not find my handbag with all my important documents including my Passport!
The tour was scheduled to depart so I remained at the hotel wondering how I
would proceed. The wonderful manager Mr Paul Chaulo sat with me and we reviewed
footage of my entire time at the hotel as we reconstructed where I had been. Finally as we were getting to the end of the possibilities we came across one last place to look.
Incredibly my purse was still there and all the contents intact! We all danced for joy!!
Mr Chaulo. explained that he had recently had these cameras installed. The trip up until
that point had been one of the best ever and fortunately with his help it remains one of the best ever.
I recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Get a view of the courtyard or an ocean view if possible and enjkoy the sunset
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank snp35
Paul C, General Manager at Zanzibar Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Joan,

I remember how happy we all were to discover your handbag with all the contents intact. Am happy that this small touch has made a topic in our TripAdvisor page. I thank you very much for your patience and cooperation that made it work. Me and my team look forward to your next visit to Zanzibar

With Regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Very good place and so authentic and beautiful hotel.
We went back to sultan time.
People they are really professional and very friendly , specially the man in the reception who is able to speak French, English with a lot of humor.....
We spent a really good time there and the swimming pool it just fantastic.

1  Thank lud2008
Paul C, General Manager at Zanzibar Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the compliments in your review. We are happy that you had a wonderful time with us. I will deliver the special compliments to Yosouf whom I believe is the one your referring to. Please let us know of your next visit to Zanzibar and we will be happy to welcome you back to Serena.

With regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The place is right on the beach our room was on the top floor overlooking the pool and beach the staff were super friendly and remembered everything you like and are always there when needed, one of the best places we have visited yet

1  Thank Darren w

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you had an amazing time during your recent stay with us. The views from our rooms is indeed one of the delights of our hotel. Our staff too forms one of our greatest assets that compliments all areas of service in our hotel and we are happy all those made you happy. Me and my team look forward to your next visit to Zanzibar.

With Regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and myself came down to Zanzibar not knowing what to expect, because many things get sold on the net, to our surprise, landed and arrived and such a stunning property. Serena hotel feels like a movie, truly magnificent, beautiful with background sea access. The people and the general manager all wonderful. What a wonderful hotel.

1  Thank Thabo T
Paul C, General Manager at Zanzibar Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Thabo,

Thank you so much for taking time to give feedback about our property. We take great pride in our staff for the excellent services they offer. Indeed it was a pleasure hosting you and we hope you will soon visit again

With regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017

WOW! This hotel is right on the water and our terrace was the place to be at sunset!
Watching the dhows sail by....what a beautiful site. Hotel, room and Staff were all wonderful... buffet was enough...and we enjoyed being close to town. Walking to all shops and restaurants. Even an escort!! A must when you visit!! Thank you Serena!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vesperado

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are pleased that you liked our services. our location is a great strength as we take pride of being on the beach front and at the same time at the heart of history that Zanzibar is known for.
We are humbled by your comments and we look forward to your next visit

Regards,

31.8 km away
Dream of Zanzibar
Dream of Zanzibar
#2 of 3 in Mahonda

Been to Zanzibar Serena Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK