Lowest prices for your stay
$131
$132
Free cancellation until 16/02/23
Priceline
$96
Hotels.com$132
Travelocity$132
Hurb$145
All reviews rooftop restaurant third floor perfect location prison island indian ocean sunset heart zanzibar stonetown sundowners africa waterfront safari architecture ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2022

We stayed here for two nights to recover from a safari on the mainland, before we moved on to our beach resort. It is clean, centrally located to most Stone Town sites, and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooftop environment is very relaxing, although the restaurant food is not the best and they play this weird style of American songs turned into musak that got irritating after a while.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mahipal Singh, Marketing at Maru Maru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2022

Dear Barton,

Greeting from Maru Maru Hotel, Zanzibar!

Thank you for staying with Maru Maru Hotel and your valuable time to write wonderful review about location, staff and recommendation.

I will share your appreciation with entire team including your feedback. It will help us to achieve next higher level.

Look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

First night we had dinner at the roof top restaurant. We would strongly advice to improve the quality of the food. Also the music that night was far to loud and out of tune. The music the second night was much better, we did not eat again at the restaurant. The roof top terrace has a nice view. Breakfast has lots of choice and a very nice waiter. The rooms are nice but the chairs are screechy. We would advice to put vilt under the legs of the chairs. The ambiance is nice, the location good and the service and friendliness were all in good order.

Date of stay: August 2022

Dear Anne,

Greeting from Maru Maru Hotel, Zanzibar!

Look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2022

Excellent service and very friendly ready to help staff.
Enjoyed delicious and affordable meals. Enjoyed extra snack from the cake shop and cudos to the person serving that shop.
Cudos to reception area for readily getting us transport to various places we wanted to visit.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mahipal Singh, Marketing at Maru Maru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2022

Dear Edward,

Greeting from Maru Maru Hotel, Zanzibar!

Thank you for staying with Maru Maru Hotel and your valuable time write wonderful review.

I will share your appreciation and feedback with entire team, it will help up to achieve next higher level.

Reviewed 7 July 2022

Excellent because I was working at Hotel industry so I don't have a photo from your hotel because i come for interview but I so some aresa at public is nice my be some of the area need to scrbing like back areas

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank edwardmichael2939

Dear Edward,

Reviewed 7 July 2022

All staff were excellent, they are very kind and helpful. Perfect location in town. Great room with comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Swimming pool on roof top, I loved reception, I booked hotel one day before 24th for 25th July, and paid through my Cr card, On 25th morning I was there and checked my booking, I did mistake to choose month, It was booked for one month later 25 July, the hotel was fully booked, reception said us wait 20 minutes we will try for you. We waited 20 minutes and after 20 minutes they provided a room, we already cancelled our booking for 25 July. Again we paid but within 4/5 days they refunded that I paid for 25th July. Anyway excellent Hotel, thank you all staffs.

Date of stay: June 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mahipal Singh, Marketing at Maru Maru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2022

Dear Guest,

Greeting from Maru Maru Hotel, Zanzibar!

Thank you for staying with Maru Maru Hotel and your valuable time to write us.

We always try our best to provide to give best experience and we happy to accommodate you.

I will share valuable feedback with entire team it will help us to achieve next higher level.