Review Highlights
Great photography but be polite and ask.

The architecture and people of Zanzibar are wonderful to photograph and Stone town is worth staying... read more

Reviewed 18 May 2016
Mark O
Stockholm, Sweden
Really nice photographs

The Beautiful eyes is a small gallery in the heart of Stone Town. You can buy beautiful photographs... read more

Reviewed 6 January 2016
LaLu259
Frankfurt, Germany

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Stone Town
from US$ 400.00
More Info
from US$ 1,244.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2015

This is a small shop run by a European and his Tanzanian wife. They are photographers. There photos look good but one does not see many people buying photos there!

3  Thank CarlosPeter
thebeautifuleyes, Owner at The Beautiful Eyes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2015

I remember our many contacts the last three years as very pleasant.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

I did two workshops with Hans and Zakia. The first was a walk around Stone Town for serendipitous portraits. Hans has an effective technique for approaching strangers and making them comfortable for a photograph. Zakia immediately breaks through any barrier. You also get to glimpse Stone Town behind its tourist facade.

On the second day we went to a rural village for a few hours of shooting. I found I could take the lessons from the first day and apply them. I felt I captured some of the best images I've made in a long time.

Hans is a great conversationalist and Zakia is a sweetheart. I highly recommend this.

4  Thank Steve R

Thank you, thank you, looking forward to see your work.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Writing this I still hear the advising words from Hans during my photowalk, and I must admit there was tuning needed. The photowalk is not complete without zakia who showed me very well how to approach the children and citizens of her stone town. The walk for more than three hours was just fine in time came home. In the hotel with full memory cards with beautiful shots I can not wait to work on them with the software tricks. Hans gave me some really good advices on how to do this. The photowalk was a very nice experience during my days in zanzibar.

3  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 29 January 2013

If you plan to do a photography workshop with the Beautiful Eyes in Zanzibar, think twice. More than a year ago I made the advance payment of 500 dollars to do a workshop with my son as part of our Christmas holiday. Hans canceled the workshop a few days prior to its start. We then agreed to do the workshop in April. He canceled that one, too, and never returned the money despite my several emails.

23  Thank Kuiho
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Hans and Zakia you were fantastic guides to parts of Stone Town I would have never seen on myown. The people were a joy to make pictures with, be around and share their enjoyment at our intrusion into their space, The opportunity to take some shots, get some great tips and spend some time with the inhabitants of Stone Town will stay with me and have really helped my limited talents.

If you like to go of the beaten track a little share some time with Hans and Zakia it is really worth it.

3  Thank marko667