Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Hurb
Agoda.com
$42
Vio.com$182
StayForLong
All reviews rooftop restaurant nice hotel clean rooms walking distance swimming pool nice stay other hotels three nights purity ferry port stonetown zanzibar proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2022

I had booked two rooms in Golden Tulip and had to be checked in on Nov 2.

1) We arrived at the hotel around 11:00 am and the rooms were not ready. The check-in time as mentioned in the document was 12:00 pm but the reception says the room will be ready only at 13:00 hours. So we leave the room in the hotel luggage room and go out. My colleague stays back waiting to checkin. After some time we receive a call from our colleague saying they forcefully carried our luggage to another hotel room saying their hotel was fully booked out. I was not even called by the hotel to inform about this ,despite being a solo female traveller. When I go to the hotel and complaint they apologize about offering a complimentary dinner as compensation.
2) We check in to the hotel Nov 3 morning. Nov 3 night around 10:30 -11:00 pm in the night, I find that my room is fully wet as there is water dripping from the air conditioner. The reception sends the maintenance service and they work on fixing it for half an hour. After trying for half an hour they inform me that it has been temporarily fixed but if need be I can move to another room. However, the time then was way past midnight and I couldn’t pack up to leave. So I continue to spend the night in the same room and early in the morning, there is a loud nice from the air conditioner, followed by pellets of ice falling down. I call reception and again move to another room.
3) In short for the three nights I booked in the hotel, I stayed in three different rooms and also was forced to lose sleep for an entire night.
I complain to the manager again saying they should not be charging me and the manager says they are working on that and will confirm how it will be done before I checkout.
However, while checking out the manager is not their in the counter and does not respond to calls or emails. Until now I have had no response from them.

Room tip: Just stay away!! No proper maintenance..No courtesy!! Rude bhaviour by staff..
Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2022

We have been staying in Golden Tulip Stonetown Boutique and have been enjoying the stay. From Day one of my stay, I have been recommending this hotel to everyone. Initially I got an opportunity to stay only for 5 days in Month of May-22. I enjoyed the food and overall hospitality. Later on I stayed there almost for 2 weeks and this time, we were 5 of us stayed there. Everyone enjoyed the stay and food. Thanks to Golden Tulip for their best hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2022 via mobile

Stayed here for a night, the hotel is old, tired but not dirty, the staff try … BUT it’s broken.. the bathrooms especially are bad and you can hear ever noise from the corridors and even rooms next to you while you sleep and the breakfast food was poor..

For the price you can get ALOT better.

Room tip: Avoid the hotel in general
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyTravells
Golden Tulip Stonetown Boutique Info, Directeur général at Golden Tulip Stonetown Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2022

Dear Tony
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are very sorry for the bad expirience towads our hotel our team are working on it and we promise you next time when you come you will meet changes as
Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
purity

Reviewed 26 May 2022

It was good and people here were cooperative. Nice stay . And everything was good. Nearby places are also nice to explore here. Indian chef is amazing if you are an indian must stay here. This was it ..

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Nipun
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review!
purity

Reviewed 25 May 2022

It is very good property near to Sea. Excellent Indian Veg as well Non-Veg food. You can enjoy morning breakfast with nice sea view. It has cool breeze the whole day. They have good variety of Breakfast items. Good hospitality.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sachid
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that we hit the mark for you and enjoyed your accommodations,
Purity