African Pride Arabella Hotel & Spa
The Wild Fig(Kleinmond)
Beach Guesthouse(Kleinmond)
Petit Paradis(Kleinmond)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf courseroom servicea la carte restaurantgolf estatebot riverplay golfconference facilitiesbeautiful hotelround of golfcape townoutdoor poolworld classstar establishmentrainforest experiencestunning viewsin room dininglagoon facing room
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Excellent soft-upgrade to lobby and lounge.

Rooms look dated. Selection of TV channels very limited...no international news channels (and WAY TOO MANY sport channels!)

Food is delicious.

Spa facilities are excellent...as always.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
General_Manager_AHS, Assistant Front Office Manager at African Pride Arabella Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear DemyanCpt

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Arabella Hotel & Spa.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the room issues you have experienced and the TV Channels (We are in a process of upgrading the rooms) . I am glad you had a pleasant experience in the restaurant and that you loved the spa facilities.We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Hermanus.

CHELSEA PERRY
Assistant Front Office Manager
Arabella Hotel and Spa African Pride
chelsea.perry@africanpridehotels.com

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Arabella is a good hotel with a beautiful golfcourse with views on the lagune. Hermanus is about a 20 minutes drive. The hotelrooms are clean and have enough space. The restaurant was very good. Although there was a wedding one day of our stay and we could not use a part of the bar and restaurant facilities we were very satisfied and would like to return one day.

Room Tip: we had the most simple room with view on the golfcourse
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017

My sister and I stayed for 3 days whist attending a wedding. Everything was amazing.the breakfast was so good,there was a variety of food for all.thank you to the ladies who made my omelette just the way I wanted.lunch and evening meals were delicious. The grounds are clean,as are the rooms. Thank you to ladies who cleaned our rooms always smiling and welcoming. The hairdressers too.Thanks Janine for making my hair look good.
Defintely coming back.

Room Tip: Lake view 4th floor
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I was lucky enough to get a voucher to spend a beautiful Saturday morning at the Arabella Spa.

From the time you walk into the door to the time you leave the security gates you feel welcome. Everyone has a smile on their face and are most helpful.

I was directed to the spa by the hotel staff where I was greeted by my therapist Lillian. What a doll! So helpful and calming and explaining step by step what I’m going to do and why.

The African Rainforest Experience is a 13 step program of various treatments designed to help blood flow and circulation. So the entire time you are between hot and cold to stimulate the senses.

From a sugar and salt scrub to the steamroom and sauna you have cold showers and time in a mountain mist room. The best part though was the rain shower of 3 minutes that pour over you and just cleanes your soul. It’s like walking in a rain storm.

The tranquility of the spa and the quality of the equipment and staff it really is something you should consider doing if you have an hour or two. And the price is very reasonable. I would recommend it to anybody

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Recently decided to do a mini getaway and get out of Cape Town for the weekend, which proved to be a very relaxing visit to the Arabella Hotel & Spa. A quick 1hr30min drive and you are greeted with a beautiful setting just before Hermanus. We were delighted as they informed us that they had upgraded us to a lagoon facing room, which had an incredible view. We spent the day at the pool and then got to enjoy sundowners by the bar as you look over lush land. This was topped off by an evening swim in the indoor hydro pool (which was a bit cold to be honest), followed by very efficient room service for dinner.

Pros:
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Lots of amenities (outdoor & indoor pool, spa, gym, golf course, restaurants on site)
- Quiet hotel
- Great breakfast buffet
- Spa & gym
- Comfortable bed

Cons:
- The room was a little old (our bathroom had some mold in the corners of the shower and in the tiles)
- When we arrived there was a bunch of wet towels and used bedding sitting on the floor of our room
- The air-con didn't work. We had it on the lowest setting but warm air came out
- At the spa, once we had gotten onto the bed for our back, neck and shoulder massage, the masseuse asked if we would like her to include the legs into the massage. I was a bit frustrated with this as it is an additional charge and if I had wanted that treatment I would of booked it in the first place.

Overall this was a lovely, relaxing stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple