Recently decided to do a mini getaway and get out of Cape Town for the weekend, which proved to be a very relaxing visit to the Arabella Hotel & Spa. A quick 1hr30min drive and you are greeted with a beautiful setting just before Hermanus. We were delighted as they informed us that they had upgraded us to a lagoon facing room, which had an incredible view. We spent the day at the pool and then got to enjoy sundowners by the bar as you look over lush land. This was topped off by an evening swim in the indoor hydro pool (which was a bit cold to be honest), followed by very efficient room service for dinner.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Lots of amenities (outdoor & indoor pool, spa, gym, golf course, restaurants on site)
- Quiet hotel
- Great breakfast buffet
- Spa & gym
- Comfortable bed
- The room was a little old (our bathroom had some mold in the corners of the shower and in the tiles)
- When we arrived there was a bunch of wet towels and used bedding sitting on the floor of our room
- The air-con didn't work. We had it on the lowest setting but warm air came out
- At the spa, once we had gotten onto the bed for our back, neck and shoulder massage, the masseuse asked if we would like her to include the legs into the massage. I was a bit frustrated with this as it is an additional charge and if I had wanted that treatment I would of booked it in the first place.
Overall this was a lovely, relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Arabella Hotel & Spa is situated just over an hour's drive from Cape Town, South Africa. The hotel delivers grandeur in design and style that pays homage to the rare beauty that surrounds it. Luminous colours, soaring wooden beam ceilings and unique designs welcome you while attentive and gracious service enhances the experience of complete comfort and warmth. As you are surrounded by the majestic Kogelberg Mountains and bordered by the vast Bot River Lagoon, indulge in a sensory experience that will leave you with treasured memories. Savour the beautiful aromas of fresh salty sea air and fynbos; distinctive sounds of exotic birdlife and enriching sights of emblematic green mountains and sparkling waters that meet an indigo sky. The Arabella Golf Course stretches through Rolling fairways, deceptive bunkers and challenging water traps await you in this golfer’s paradise. You may get distracted by the Bot River Lagoon and indigenous wild flowers, so concentration is a necessity. Your stay would not be complete without a visit to the Arabella Spa. This glorious retreat captures the essence of luxury, privacy and rejuvenation that is at the heart of your stay. Beyond this blissful escape, the destination offers a number of activities to guide you on your path towards complete relaxation. Explore the Overberg with its magnificent charms and treasures that await you. Be enriched by exciting quad bike rides, kayaking expeditions at sea and lazy horseback rides while golden shores and serene Botanical Gardens will leave you in awe of its unspoilt beauty. A valley of vineyards and wine and historic museums invite you to absorb the town's legacy; magnificent hiking and mountain biking trails and captivating boat rides with the ocean's big 5 will leave you inspired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Arabella Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arabella Hotel Hermanus
- Arabella Western Cape Hotel
- Arabella Western Cape Hermanus
- Western Cape Spa