Bliss Hotel
US$ 232
US$ 333
US$ 250
Agoda.com
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
US$ 424
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewssecret gardenbeau vallonnatural poolboutique hotelcreole buffetsound of the wavesnatural materialsconcrete floorsunset viewplug socketsour honeymoonpositive energywooden furnitureall inclusive resortperfect relaxationrelaxed feelroom facing the garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At first, I wanted to write a private email to the management, but I realized that wouldn't have been fair to my fellow travelers. This is a medical topic and it needs to be treated with highest priority. I am not a picky spoiled female from the first world that didn't get her bio/fair trade/vegan/whatever carefully brewed coffee on time. It is a report and warning from a microbiologist specialized in fungal infection diagnostics. I'm stunned that no doctor has spoken about this before as I'm quite convinced one has surely already stayed in this hotel.
The smell and humidity in the rooms/bathroom comes from the molds that proliferate on the untreated ("creole, vintage" style) walls in the bathroom. The molds are black and it most probably means they belong to Aspergillus order. Aspergillus and other black molds are a serious health threat to the people with compromised immune system (and no, you are not immunodeficient if you "catch a cold very quickly" or have self-diagnosed yourself by reading a "cosmo" article). People after chemotherapy, elderly, with acquired or inherited immunodeficiency, babies or pulmonary patients can get seriously ill and even die if they come in intense contact with these microorganisms.
Moist and high temperatures make a perfect environment for these molds to grow. You need to treat the walls asap at least with lime if you want to keep the so called "creole" atmosphere. Calling it so is an offense to Creoles who have been abused to cover the poor setup of an old redesigned hotel. Stop defending this story. Brings nothing but disappointment.
As i am a healthy individual I was able to enjoy my stay and I want to list the pros and cons:
PROs:
-view, beach, sunset
-nice restaurant (although overpriced) with good service and delicious creole buffet
-breakfast (you don't really want to eat bacon and sausages at +33 degrees, right?)
-snorkeling (bring your own gear)

CONs:
-NOISE (prehistoric AC device in the room, could hear it even with my industrial grade earplugs in)
-construction site - I'm on holidays and I want to sleep past 9 am without a metal saw sound
-main road with no pedestrian crossing or slow down sign or light
-wifi - stop with the "it's an island thing" story; internet works better on La Digue. Why can't one surf in the room???
-not really tidy and clean
-charges if you lose/damage towels, umbrella, electricity adapters and hairdryer 10-times too high

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Pavlina M
Melissa H, Director of Sales at Bliss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Pavlina,

- We are very surprised of your comment and really shocked. We are sorry but we cannot accept this kind of review which says that our walls can kill people ! You don't have any proof of these declarations. We never had any problem of health and even when people have very long stay in our hotel they NEVER had any problem of health. Our general manager lived during 2 years in one of our hotel room and she never had any problem also !
- About the mold in the shower we are using a specific product against the mold. So we cannot accept that you say that we don't threat it and that there are "infections which can compromised immune system"!!.
- About maintenance works, we were renovating another room but we don't use electric saw close to other rooms. So you complain that the hotel needs maintenant but then you complain about the noise during this maintenance!
- The internet is slow that's true, but we don't sell our hotel as a business place and we don't provide it in the rooms.

We did everything that you asked to satisfy you during your stay, adding an extra bed in the room without any fee. Preparing you a plate at the restaurant that we could bring to your room because you arrived late. We normally don't charge anything for the arrival basket but now we are forced to do it in order to avoid the number of stolen items.

Regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We arrived from Cabannes de anges La digue. We expected the best after staying in Cabanas. We woke the morning to cold water. Went to reception to complain but the girl told maintenance all was well #Sombody is threatengh=======

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank garth k
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Positive: food (overpriced, but nice), massage (worth it), bech, view, pool.
Negative: unsafe location (by the police officer), no security (no cam), dirty and dark room, full of ants in the room, old and smelly mattress.
We got robbed the last night (while sleeping), the cleaning lady left the window open (where the thief could come in). They even stole from my bag (what was 30 cm from my head in the wardrobe and non of us woke up, what's really weird). At the end we got compensated with the price of the transport, but it didn't help much compare to what we lost (because of them). After 30 days and many emails we still didn't get (any answer/reaction and) the police report from the hotel, they are ignoring us (even if they promised they send us the document). I had to contact the Embassy of the Seychelles. I didn't want to share the details, if I get the right/fair compensation or just an answer from them so now I cannot focus on the positive things...

Room Tip: Secret Garden Rooms are not safe/secured at all!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank István B
Melissa H, Director of Sales at Bliss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear guest,

I am sorry to read that you had this bad experience,
Normally Seychelles is a very safe country and thing like this doesn't use to happen... We never had this case before.
Of course we have now taken action after this bad experience and improved our security and number of cameras, however, it was not necessary before. We have hired 2 more security starting from the beginning of December. And we add also more cameras in the HILLSIDE part of the hotel.

In regards of your specific case, the back window was not looked, and apparently the thief entered in the room from that window as there are no marks of broke on the main door.
That is why we always tell our guests to keep valuable items and especially cash money inside the safety box.

For your information, we are not the only hotel where this happened, we heard that in Beau vallon and in Praslin a lot of similar cases were registered in the same days, even though they are plenty of security and cameras.

I am really sorry again about that ; Concerning the police report and your emails I am going to do the necessary to answer you.

We stay at your disposal

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The perfect description for a wonderful hotel. Spacious rooms with beautiful, natural, minimalist decoration. A gorgeous deep pool to cool off in & a fantastic beach to launch yourself out into and explore what's under the water. The barefoot restaurant is so elaborately decorated by what Seychelles has to offer (including shell chandeliers), you are almost too distracted to enjoy the delicious food on offer, including the complementary afternoon tea. The staff are easy going but attentive & their wonderful reception area is the perfect relaxation space, especially when the northern wind is blowing in a rain storm. Wander down to the spa & you'll find yourself standing on a stage like balcony, where the waves lapping on the shore are your only audience. If the sights aren't enough for you, the sound of the sea will mesmerise. My only complaint? I would love to stay longer! & when you do have to go, the bus is directly outside the door. Pure bliss

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Melissa H, Director of Sales at Bliss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear guest,

We are so pleased to read your review, thank you so much.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Bliss, the beach, the decoration, the restaurant with our teatime ...
And also thank you for our staff they always do their very best to satisfied you.
We hope to see you again and ... longer !! ;-)
Best regards from all Bliss Team

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Loved it! Me and my girlfriend stayed there for 3 nights and loves it, great staff, great view, great everything! Strongly recommend it if you want a bit more in time hotel than the big resorts.
And the staff at their Italian restaurant next door where amazing and so was the food.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for you very nice review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed so much your stay at BLISS ;-)
You are always more than welcome
Best regards from all BLISS team.