“Idyllic setting, your own slice of paradise.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Marquise Villa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from the Veranda
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Chris M
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Idyllic setting, your own slice of paradise. ”
Reviewed 17 August 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We stayed here as a family of 5, 2 Adults and 3 young children to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. We chose it for its idyllic setting with its own virtually private beach.

We renewed our vows on the beach and Marc, Tania and Helen couldn’t have done more to help from organising flowers (their gift to us) to helping us find a chef to cook an amazing meal.

If we came again we would hire the chef to cook for us every night, it is more cost effective than eating out and the food was superb.

Helen who lives nearby does all of the housekeeping and is available to help for just about anything and nothing seemed too much trouble.

Marc (the owner) was on hand if anything needed sorting and he quickly put things right if anything broke.

They really do go above and beyond to make sure your stay is as memorable as possible. Marc welcomed us by cutting a coconut each from the palm trees that grow in the garden .

The villas location is stunning, perched upon rocks overlooking the sea and is as impressive as in the photos.

We have fond memories of the amazing sunsets every evening.

You can relax on the hammocks or day bed or take a swim from the beach.

We also hired Marc’s car which saved us a fortune on car rental prices. He met us at the airport on arrival and took us straight to the car.

If you are self catering it’s worth knowing the kitchen (although small) is well equipped and there is a large fridge and freezer. There is a nearby fish seller but it was hard to predict if and when he would be there so you may want to try the main market. Helen is willing to cook breakfast for you if required for an additional fee.

There is a nearby shop (across the road) for your everyday essentials. You have to remember though that everything is flown into the island so items may seem more expensive than at home.

Potman74
Somerset West, South Africa
“Perfect family holiday in 2 very special villas”
Reviewed 9 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We (4 adults and 3 young children) spent a blissful 6 nights in these two villas. You ill be hard-pressed to find anything comparable. Waves crashing just below your bed, wonderful views, "private" little beach where the kids spent hours - great daybed and hammocks on balconies. Truly paradise.

Marc (the owner) was always very friendly, responsive and helpful. He clearly poured his heart into these two units (where he himself previously stayed).

The villa is well-equipped with everything you would expect plus kayaks, snorkeling gear, etc. Within walking distance to the fish market and across the road from a supermarket.

Count yourself very fortunate if you could stay in such a wonderful place.

15 Jul 2018
Dear Friends, thank you so much for your stay and please keep our warm wishes!
That was great pleasure to meet you))
johnj1320...
London, United Kingdom
“The Most Beautiful Gem”
Reviewed 31 July 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I am a British Architect who recently stayed at this wonderful Villa. It is situated right on the beach front with the main balcony hanging over the sea. The sunset views are incredible and I felt so lucky that I had discovered such a wonderful place. What's more you are well looked after by Helen who runs the house on a day to day basis. Nothing was too much trouble, from cooking to washing, to even calling me at 4.00am as a wakecall so I wouldn't miss my early morning flight! On top of this the owner Marc was extremely hospitiable and cooked me an amazing traditional meal from the Seychelles! I also met his business partner Tania who was wonderful. I couldn't believe that I had found the most beautiful house with the most beautiful people running it who genuinely care about you. This place is a real true gem. I'm already booking it for next year and I can't wait to go back every year for the rest of my life.

1 Dec 2017
Dear John, thanks a lot! We hope to see you soon )))
gerritzlu...
Lusaka, Zambia
“Could not be more perfect”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We spent 6 nights at the end of our 2 week Seychelles holiday....talk about saving the best for last!!! From the photos and the price I expected a much bigger place but believe me it is worth every penny and the house itself is a wonderful stone and wood Seychelles house with real palm leaf roof and ceilings. You are literally living on the rocks with a staircase to the cutest swimming beach. Snorkeling right at the beach and around the rocks is amazing....Marc, Tanya and Helen are always within reach, welcoming and helpful.....perfect hosts. The two bedrooms and wonderful bathroom upstairs are fantastic...we slept every night with our glass doors open so as not to miss the sound of the waves.The Kitchen is professionally equipped, so much so that my husband, who is a chef, could find everything he needed....he was impressed. The lounge is cosy with all the satelite channels you might need. However, you will spend most of your time on the fantastic terrace, from which you can fish. Right across the road is a supermarket which stocks everything you need, including gorgonzola cheese, salami and parma ham. Thank you guys for a wonderful stay at your beautiful house.

1 Apr 2017
In this rental touristic business I am not always encouraged for keeping the traditional achitechture of Seychelles. Perhaps many people are too delicate to appreciate rousticness. Such style makes me feel one with nature. Thank you for being one of me, it's a great encouragement to the style of the villa. Well appreciated. Love you guys and looking forward to see you again.
helhitr
Moscow, Russia
“the most romantic and amasing place i've ever stayed in my life!!!”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

i find this cosy villa situated on the small rocks viewing the ocean exceptionally secluded and romantic! The soft sound of waves, sea breeze and exotic flora.... it's really unforgetable!
the villa is well-equiped with all modern comodities, besides it has the perfect location: less then 10 mins it takes to get to the beau vallon beach!
I would highly recommend this marvelous accomodation to anyone who is in search of a secure and comfortable place to stay on the Mahe island!

21 Feb 2017
Thank you very much! It was a great pleasure to meet you in Seychelles
Our warm regards to you and your family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing