“Amazing experience thanks to Hassan”

Toubkal Ascent & Trekking Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Imlil
More attraction details
Owner description: Toubkal Ascent is an adventure travel and outdoor based in Morocco and specialized in trekking/hiking trips, peak climbing and mountaineering expeditions, 4WD overland tours, biking and safari tour. We deliver trips of a lifetime in the Atlas Mountains 'Desert' Imperial City.
Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and six others were lucky enough to spend five days in the Atlas Mountains, being guided by Hassan and his amazing team. For the months leading up to this trip I was quite nervous and did not know what to expect but i did not need to worry at all - it was an amazing and unforgettable experience! Being a bigger group, we all had different capabilities but Hassan was happy to adapt the hikes to make it enjoyable for all of us. He clearly has a passion for what he does and his knowledge about the culture and landscape was amazing. It goes without saying that there is no-one else who would make the experience as memorable as Hassan made ours so i couldn't recommend more that you book with Hassan!

All reviews
"his team"
in 10 reviews
"difficult terrain"

Reviewed 1 week ago

As someone who never climbs mountains, hikes or really even exercises, I was quite apprehensive about this part of the trip. But how wrong I was!! I loved every second of the 5 days we spent in the Atlas mountains, and this was majorly down to Hassan and his team. He was so enthusiastic, encouraging us at all times and having so much belief in us. He has such a 'can do' approach to everything, and went out of his way to make this experience incredible for us. I would not recommend anyone else- If you want this trip to be above your expectations and leave counting the days to go back, then book with Hassan!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Hassan and his team did everything they could to make sure we had a great time in Imlil. The food was great, the locals friendly, the guides knowledgable, the accommodation very comfortable. I couldn't recommend this more!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hassan is just such a great guy, respected not only by the tourists who are lucky enough to go out trekking with him but clearly well known and much liked by the mountain community within which he has lived all his life. His enthusiasm for guiding seems never ending. Not only does one feel in extremely safe and knowledgeable hands when out in the Atlas Mountains his organisational skills are awesome; from the moment you ask him to arrange a tour his leaps into action, is incredibly quick to respond to all queries and, once with him, can solve any 'on the ground' issue that may occur. This is all handled with his customary 'it's easy, I can deal with it' attitude. Hassan's spoken/written English is exceptional and his generosity of spirit, along with his enthusiasm to share his cultural knowledge with anyone who wants to know more about life in Morocco and mountains, makes for a fascinating experience in this beautiful and peaceful country. Having just returned from a 5 day village to village trek I shall be daring to return to attempt the ascent of Toubkal later in the year (Hassan has climbed to the summit over 420 times!). At 62 that would be quite a challenge for me but I know now that I shall be in safe hands. He also takes groups out into the desert and other parts of Morocco so there is much reason to return to spend time again with Hassan in the future. Book with no-one else if you want to get the very best from a holiday in Morocco.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went trekking in the Atlas Mountains for the first time with a family group of mixed abilities. We have all returned safely and full of enthusiasm for the 5 days we spent chiefly due to the expertise, knowledge and sense of fun exhibited by Hassan. He took on our brief with quiet unflappable efficiency and produced a holiday that will stay in the memory for a long time. We all (including adolescents who had really not embarked on anything as physical before) pushed ourselves beyond what we thought we were capable of and loved every minute of it. It took a team of 4 with mules and a chef all led by Hassan to get us to our destination each day with a break for delicious and very welcome lunch and then dinner at a refuge each night. Hassan led us through the most beautiful and exciting terrain of a region that he knows better than anyone and visited the most enchanting villages and hamlets and he was known everywhere we went.
I really believe that if you want to trek in the mountains and hills around Imlil, then Hassan has to be your first call. I don't think there could be a better guide in the region. We are definitely planning to go back to see where else he could take us. Can't wait!