Review Highlights
Challenging and wonderful hiking to Toubkal Summit!!! (3 days and 2 nights)

Challenging and wonderful hiking to Toubkal Summit. We found Hassan through Trip Advisor and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Rafael C
Go with Hassan and Team!

Contacted Toubkal Ascent by email and received prompt replies from Hassan. Most of my communication... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Anna S
via mobile

All reviews douar samra great guide atlas mountains his knowledge loop walk rich experience local plants hope to return half day hike points of interest helpful guide difficult terrain within an hour amazing waterfall a solo female traveller goat high atlas
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As someone who never climbs mountains, hikes or really even exercises, I was quite apprehensive about this part of the trip. But how wrong I was!! I loved every second of the 5 days we spent in the Atlas mountains, and this was majorly down to Hassan and his team. He was so enthusiastic, encouraging us at all times and having so much belief in us. He has such a 'can do' approach to everything, and went out of his way to make this experience incredible for us. I would not recommend anyone else- If you want this trip to be above your expectations and leave counting the days to go back, then book with Hassan!!

1  Thank Ali B
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Hassan and his team did everything they could to make sure we had a great time in Imlil. The food was great, the locals friendly, the guides knowledgable, the accommodation very comfortable. I couldn't recommend this more!!

1  Thank Kevin J
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Hassan is just such a great guy, respected not only by the tourists who are lucky enough to go out trekking with him but clearly well known and much liked by the mountain community within which he has lived all his life. His enthusiasm for guiding seems never ending. Not only does one feel in extremely safe and knowledgeable hands when out in the Atlas Mountains his organisational skills are awesome; from the moment you ask him to arrange a tour his leaps into action, is incredibly quick to respond to all queries and, once with him, can solve any 'on the ground' issue that may occur. This is all handled with his customary 'it's easy, I can deal with it' attitude. Hassan's spoken/written English is exceptional and his generosity of spirit, along with his enthusiasm to share his cultural knowledge with anyone who wants to know more about life in Morocco and mountains, makes for a fascinating experience in this beautiful and peaceful country. Having just returned from a 5 day village to village trek I shall be daring to return to attempt the ascent of Toubkal later in the year (Hassan has climbed to the summit over 420 times!). At 62 that would be quite a challenge for me but I know now that I shall be in safe hands. He also takes groups out into the desert and other parts of Morocco so there is much reason to return to spend time again with Hassan in the future. Book with no-one else if you want to get the very best from a holiday in Morocco.

1  Thank _rach_coop57
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I went trekking in the Atlas Mountains for the first time with a family group of mixed abilities. We have all returned safely and full of enthusiasm for the 5 days we spent chiefly due to the expertise, knowledge and sense of fun exhibited by Hassan. He took on our brief with quiet unflappable efficiency and produced a holiday that will stay in the memory for a long time. We all (including adolescents who had really not embarked on anything as physical before) pushed ourselves beyond what we thought we were capable of and loved every minute of it. It took a team of 4 with mules and a chef all led by Hassan to get us to our destination each day with a break for delicious and very welcome lunch and then dinner at a refuge each night. Hassan led us through the most beautiful and exciting terrain of a region that he knows better than anyone and visited the most enchanting villages and hamlets and he was known everywhere we went.
I really believe that if you want to trek in the mountains and hills around Imlil, then Hassan has to be your first call. I don't think there could be a better guide in the region. We are definitely planning to go back to see where else he could take us. Can't wait!

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my brother did a 2 day trip with Hassan and it was fantastic. Hassan and his team couldn't do enough for us, the riad was lovely and the hike/trails were stunning. So much to do there, we cant wait to be back. Don't miss out!

1  Thank Jake H