Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$86
Agoda.com$86
FindHotel$86
eDreams$86
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2021

I enjoyed my Quarantine at Le Grand Bleu. The environment is quiet and peaceful, the staff is very nice. In addition, the food was excellent for the whole duration of my stay. I thank you all for your kindness. Keep the positive energy going.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2021

Stayed for here for my quarantine and experienced nothing negative.

Great variety in food, staff especially curtious (particularly Baboo - who was always on standby and helped incredibly with some minor issues).

The room view made for a perfect, in fact beautiful reason to relax.

The hospitality of Le Grand Bleu staff really came through with the regular check up (care calls) from the management (Mr Ramdhun).

Highly recommend it to all my friends and family.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

I had some issues on my very first day in the hotel. However, the manager was very helpful, he made the necessary arrangement to make my stay enjoyable. The hotel is beautiful with an amazing view. The bed was comfy, shower was great (hot water) and the bathroom was big enough. The staffs were brillant for this past 2 weeks. Special thanks goes to Mr Babou. He was friendly and was always there to lift up the mood.
I will definitely come here next time.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2021

One of the worst service I've seen in a hotel in my life. I went there for my 14 days quarantine in Mauritius.

First day of arrival, the shower room was dirty, the bathtub/shower curtain was full of mold, hairs everywhere around the sink. After a few calls to reception they changed the curtain of the shower. The shower head was broken, this was fixed on day one.

Ac was not working since arrival, however the weather was cold, i didn't realize It was not working. During my stay the weather got warmer on the 29th night, i called the reception 11am to inform them about the issue. I followed up during the day but the only answer I got, they are doing there best and it is departure day so they are busy. I tried to understand, however around 8pm i called again since the issue was still same, He start to tell me that the he told the maintenance guy to check but the maintenance staff never came, so he can't help me about this, also the receptionist said it's too late, need to wait for next day to fix and The Receptionist asked me to call again in the morning to remind them to do this the next day. I asked for a Fan since at night the room is stuffy. He just replied this is not possible. He mentioned the AC IS GOOD ITS JUST IT IS NOT COLD. Real mind blown!! I start to ask myself what is the definition of an AC. The receptionist called me a few minutes after 8pm asked me to call the reception to confirm if the maintenance guy really came to my room to check again. I've been hanging there until the next morning and the maintenance never came to do so.

31st 8am i informed the room service staff again (he is the same staff who do maintanance), they said they will do there best. 2pm nothing was done, i called the reception for an explanation, he said they are still working on it.
After fixing, the ac broke again after 2 days.

This a 3 star hotel apparently but the staffs got no proper training how to handle situations

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Le Grand Bleu Hotel, General Manager at Le Grand Bleu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2021

Dear Mr. Manveer,
I refer to your complaint regarding your stay in our quarantine centre of Le Grand Bleu Hotel and after thorough inquiry from my floor supervisor, I would like to clarify the points below:

1. Shower curtain

You called the reception upon arrival and you complained about the shower curtain. We took the matter seriously and within minutes the shower curtain was replaced by a new one despite knowing the fact we were taking the risk of health hazard. Let me also remind you that before being attended by any staff at your request we had to get the green light from the doctor in charge.

2. Shower tap not operational.

We are given to understand that you did not press the shower mixer button since you complained that no water was coming from the shower head. Our maintenance staff gave you a demonstration and finally you were enjoying your shower.

3. Problem of Air conditioner

We have been told that you switched on the AC during your stay and you left your balcony door wide open. This is obvious that the cool air have escaped through the door and by doing so you also ran the risk for a leakage of water through the AC indoor unit due to condensation.

You again complained that the AC was not working on the 29th night. The next day, my supervisor together with the maintenance officer did an inspection of the outdoor unit and they also did the refilling of cold gas. Immediately after he called you to check whether the AC was functionning. You said that it was ok. My Supervisor also gave you the option to change your room in case you are not satisfied with the AC. But you voiced out that the problem is solved and you are not willing to shift to an another room.

As such taking into consideration all the facts above, I don't understand what were your motive behind these complaints since we took all the actions needed in due course despite operating as a quarantine centre.

Reviewed 18 December 2020

Le Grand Bleu is a beautfiul property with a very friendly Staff.
The room we stayed in in slightly smaller and felt a bit cramped. However since it was on first floor and offered a decent view, we did not ask for a change. But for other guests who did, the hotel staff were more than happy to oblige.

The Hotel is right on the coast with beach just across the road. We had a great time going for an early morning walk and swim everyday. Dont forget to get the towels from the Hotel Gate before you go for the swim. The breakfast and dinner spreads are quite lavish ranging from Continental to Indian. The Restaurant bar is well stocked and prices are more or less the same you see in most Mauritian Restaurants if not a tad bit highers.
There are quite some activities around too - Blue Safari, the submarine safari is right next door. The hotel as it is though is a little away from most spots and will take a while to get to any place. This is a blessing in disguise as you get to see the peaceful seas not swarmed by tourists. Also since its on the western side of the island, the sea is calmer.
The hotel staff is friendly and are ready to make you feel welcome always. They can help you book taxi at almost no extra cost. We found the Taxi price similar. If you are a bit into exploring local transportation like us, you can take the Local Buses to travel - pretty cheap and get you there in decent time. If you feel adventurous though, you can hire a two wheeler right next door.
All in all, great property, great food, while a little far away, very calm and has one of the best beaches of Mauritius on offer.

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel